Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 :Seasons pack is not found in game after inst. (DLC Toggler HELP NEEDED)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 :Seasons pack is not found in game after inst. (DLC Toggler HELP NEEDED) Empty Sims 4 :Seasons pack is not found in game after inst. (DLC Toggler HELP NEEDED)

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jun 2018, 23:52

I have installed the game up to 'Sims 4: my first pet stuff pack' and I have been doing perfectly fine (aside from a few crashings due to overheating problems which doesn't bother me). Now I've recently downloaded the new Seasons pack and encountered no problems during the process of download OR installation (as far as I know).

HERE'S THE PROBLEM: I started the Sims 4 and I didn't get any introduction to the new pack like I'm used to, nor have I found the new icon in the welcoming screen. I loaded my last save and started playing for a couple of minutes and regardless of a few random missing items from the sim house, I continued to make different interactions and i experienced no errors or glitches (except the rare glitching hug which also doesn't bother me).

Notes: 
-I checked my Sims 4 installation folder size and it says 26.5 GB and I already knew the file size should be at 28 GB in size based on the forum info.

-HERE'S WHAT I ALSO NEED HELP WITH: I've done some digging on the forums and found the 'Validator browser' in hopes it would show me what I'm missing but I'm really lost. I've come across the 'DLC Toggler program' as well and i'm not so sure how it works since there were 3 links provided but non of them did me any use after downloading and I get an error message from the DLC Toggler.exe that said:

Could not read crack config file:
Game\Bin\RldOrigin.ini
Or
Game\Bin\Codex.cfg

......So If you could kindly give me a walk-through on the use of both mentioned programs I will be indebted Why God. .

MORE INFORMATION:

- I have no CC or MODS whatsoever (I've deleted them a couple of packs ago but only kept the save files)

- The Validator report:

report:

-I'm not that knowledgeable about file handling or computer needs. I'm so sorry... Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 :Seasons pack is not found in game after inst. (DLC Toggler HELP NEEDED) Empty Re: Sims 4 :Seasons pack is not found in game after inst. (DLC Toggler HELP NEEDED)

Post by Guest Thu 28 Jun 2018, 00:06

Alright, both tools were made by me so let me answer:

dlc-toggler.exe and dlc-toggler.ini must be placed in game installation directory.

Validator shows that your game version is 1.42.30.1020 so Seasons are not properly installed. You didn't extract them to game folder, perhaps they are 1 directory up?

Those unknown files validator listed can be safely removed.

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 :Seasons pack is not found in game after inst. (DLC Toggler HELP NEEDED) Empty Re: Sims 4 :Seasons pack is not found in game after inst. (DLC Toggler HELP NEEDED)

Post by Guest Thu 28 Jun 2018, 01:56

OH, so I just moved the DLC toggler.exe and DLC toggler.ini into the installation folder of the sims 4 and I don't get an error but I don't get an action either except the windows "would you like to make changes to the computer" and I've turned off my windows firewall as well as added the file destination into the exclusions on the antivirus settings.
***EDIT: sorry it worked now after run as administrator***
And it seems there aren't any DLC disabled at all so the problem is in the installation itself...
I've removed the unknown folders like you said, so that's out of the way.

Could you please explain further what you mean by the game folders are 1 directory up? 
I've installed it the same way I've installed the previous packs which is [copy+paste and replace] into the installation folder which is placed in : (C:)\ Program files(x86)\ The Sims 4... I've removed the files listed in the installation guide as well.

Further more, i downloaded the Seasons pack and its file size is 2.99 GB before extracting, so I guess there are no missing files (if that's even possible), and as for the copying and placing I've repeated the process a couple of times but it changed nothing. I know the answer is probably something trivial.. 

I don't know what I'm doing wrong..
Also THANK YOU for answering me, hope i find a solution  Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Jun 2018, 10:20

Could you run the validator again?

Go to C:\ and search for EP05. If it finds anything, right click on it and select "open location". And then paste it here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Jun 2018, 17:12

- Validator report

report:

-I checked (C:)\ folder and i couldn't find a match.. Is that supposed to be the Seasons pack (or its items at least) ? I searched again in (D:)\ folder but I found nothing so I checked the original .rar file of the pack download and again was no where to be found so I assume the download is in fact NOT the new seasons pack...

-I checked the Sims 4 packs downloads compilations on the forum which is called [Update 1.42.30.1020] which is the version I have... And I found a separate post for the announcement of seasons pack with the [update 1.44.77.1020] providing the download links and turns out it was just my confusion...  Facepalm (this is what I mean by trivial problems)

VERY SORRY for any inconvenience caused, and thank you for your much appreciated time and effort and the great tools !

I'm new here. forum surfing takes some time to get used to

Last edited by retaliaaa on Thu 28 Jun 2018, 17:16; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top