Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moving game folder to another drive

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Moving game folder to another drive Empty Moving game folder to another drive

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jul 2018, 02:26

Hello Smile

I have TS4 installed on my C: drive, but unfortunately that's a SSD with only 111GB and TS4 is taking 28,5GB of that. 
Now I wanted to know how to move that folder to another drive. I just want to move the folder at C:/Program Files/The Sims 4. I don't want/need to move my folder at Documents where mods and saves are saved.
I only found an older thread from last year where it says you can simply move the The Sims 4 folder to another place. Is that still true or did something change by now? And do I have to edit or change anything else after I simply moved it?

Thanks in advance!

Back to top Go down

Moving game folder to another drive Empty Re: Moving game folder to another drive

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jul 2018, 11:25

You should be fine with just moving the game folder.

Back to top Go down

Moving game folder to another drive Empty Re: Moving game folder to another drive

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jul 2018, 12:29

You can move the complete folder The Sims 4 from your SSD to any other (external) drive.
Don't forget to make a new shortcut from that new location - Game - Bin - TS4 or TS4_x64.exe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top