Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Unable to start", "No EA Folder in Doc"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Unable to start", "No EA Folder in Doc" Empty "Unable to start", "No EA Folder in Doc"

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jul 2018, 00:42

SO  I  Have been downloading from here for a long time. I've never really had a issue, but now i'm stuck and really don't know what to do. I had started having issues with my game so i removed all my mods, and tried to update my game. Well that failed so i just went for a fresh install. I removed the game using the uninstaller torrent by you guys.; No that I try to reinstall the sims and start it up it gives me the "unable to start" Error. And i noticed that i don't have a Electronic arts folder in "My documents" What can be done to resolve this?

Back to top Go down

"Unable to start", "No EA Folder in Doc" Empty Re: "Unable to start", "No EA Folder in Doc"

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jul 2018, 00:48

Try this and post the result here.

Back to top Go down

"Unable to start", "No EA Folder in Doc" Empty Re: "Unable to start", "No EA Folder in Doc"

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jul 2018, 01:00

Okay,   i'm currently running it now. Just wandering will it still work even though i only have the base game installed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jul 2018, 01:18

This is the results:

report:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jul 2018, 01:20

Base game alone should work fine. EA folder in Documents should get re-created when the game starts - and it doesn't in your case.

Okay, so validator shows your game installation files are fine. Try rebooting your computer and if that still doesn't help - install Get to Work and try again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jul 2018, 03:13

Still didn't  work i restarted my pc, and installed gtw yet its still giving  me an error

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jul 2018, 03:14

Ran the validator again  and this is what i got:

report:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jul 2018, 09:28

Okay, dumb me. New installation, so it's in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4", right? Move it to "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4" or "C:\Program Files\The Sims 4" so the path is shorter (I keep mine on another partition - "E:\The Sims 4")

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jul 2018, 14:00

heyy, sorry i'm just now getting home from work. and I have a alienware, and i've always moved my game to my D drive.I can't figure out what the issue is

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jul 2018, 14:15

So what's the path to your game installtion folder? Keep it short because the game is having some issues.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jul 2018, 14:40

This is how i currently have it:
"Unable to start", "No EA Folder in Doc" Img_0810

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jul 2018, 15:04

Did you move the installation folder manually or did you just change the location in installer? Because it's broken and ignores path you specify. Also could you make a screenshot of that error you're getting?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jul 2018, 21:26

I moved it manually following the instruction on the installation thread.  I went ahead and tried to install the update and city living and this is the error i'm getting: which I've checked to see if it was running in task manager and everything."Unable to start", "No EA Folder in Doc" Img_0811

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jul 2018, 21:58

If you get that error and can't find Sims 4 in Taks Manager - reboot computer. And for screenshots you can just press Print Screen (or PrtSc) button on your keyboard and paste it in Paint. Or use Snipping Tool.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Jul 2018, 05:08

I've restarted my computer a bunch of times and it still gives the error, and my printscrn button isn't working because i tried it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Jul 2018, 11:03

Couple of things to try:
Add whole Game\Bin to your anti-virus exceptions
Right click on Documents, Properties, Security. Click on your username and check if you have Read and Write access. And do the same with Pictures folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Jul 2018, 04:15

okay i have all of my antivirus, and firewall and stuff like that completely off, and theirs permission already granted im going to restart the computer and try again

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Jul 2018, 04:38

Okay, So i think i finally got it figured out. apparently i had moved My Documents, from my C: Drive, to My D: Drive and that created a issue. So after i did that i tried the game and it started up. So i think i got it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top