Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 All In One Download Trouble

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 All In One Download Trouble Empty Sims 3 All In One Download Trouble

Post by Guest Thu 02 Aug 2018, 00:16

I downloaded the All-In-One Sims 3 file from G4TW yesterday, and watched the progress all night, thinking I could get it up and running before I went to bed. However, I got this notice, and don't know what to do with it.

"Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistributable Setup
Setup has detected that this computer does not meet the requirements to install this software. The following blocking issues must be resolved before you can install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistributable Setup software package.
Please resolve the following:
A newer version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable has been detected on the machine.

Please see the Microsoft Visual Studio website for more information. (Microsoft Visual Studio is a link text)"

I don't know what exactly needs to be done to fix this issue, as following the website it links me to gave me no help either. I don't know what exactly on that page needs to be downloaded.

If anyone can help me, please let me know. Thank you for your time!

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 All In One Download Trouble Empty Re: Sims 3 All In One Download Trouble

Post by Dracos66 Thu 02 Aug 2018, 06:52

When the dialog box pops up, does it give you any options other than Close/Cancel? (i.e. Ignore, Install, etc.)
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 All In One Download Trouble Empty Re: Sims 3 All In One Download Trouble

Post by Guest Thu 02 Aug 2018, 15:09

No. While I waited for a reply, however, I installed an update to the software it mentioned and then hit close. It was literally just saying it wasn't going to update the software bc it was a higher update than it needed, I guess. I was misunderstanding the prompt entirely.

Honestly, the only reason I figured that is because as soon as I closed it, it gave another prompt for another program that I knew I'd updated already, too. And this popup dialogue was more specific in what it said. It said something along the lines that it wouldn't update the program bc a more advanced version was already present.

So yeah, I got it up and running, at last. Thank you for responding!

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top