Copyright notices on old games. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Copyright notices on old games. [SOLVED] Empty Copyright notices on old games. [SOLVED]

Post by GummyPop on Wed 15 Aug 2018, 20:21

Soo before I was thinking of dling sims 2...I was still debating if it was safe to dl it regards of copyright notice as what happens with their most recent sequel: Sims 4.....buuuuuuuuuuut turns out...they are still giving copyright notices for something as old and ancient as sims 2....soooo...why...why do they still care about an old relic?  Shocked

GummyPop
SE BUSCA - Viva o Muerta
$0.01 Recompensa en efectivo
SE BUSCA - Viva o Muerta $0.01 Recompensa en efectivo

Favourite games : Sims

Posts : 146
Points : 681
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2018-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Copyright notices on old games. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Copyright notices on old games. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 15 Aug 2018, 21:34

@GummyPop wrote:Soo before I was thinking of dling sims 2...I was still debating if it was safe to dl it regards of copyright notice as what happens with their most recent sequel: Sims 4.....buuuuuuuuuuut turns out...they are still giving copyright notices for something as old and ancient as sims 2....soooo...why...why do they still care about an old relic?  Shocked

//MOVED


Hello,

I moved your topic and slightly changed the topic title as well. Note that it's still a "copyrighted item", therefore they are able to do as they please. Incidentally that reminds me of something, that someone showed me just a few days ago:
https://www.emuparadise.me/emuparadise-changing.php

Apparently there are copyright holders who still care about 1990s Super NES ROMs. Not many people may actually buy older (PC) games anymore these days, partly also due to technical concerns over their functionality in newer operating systems.

But I think it is also meant as a pseudo-political statement: "we are watching you!", "we are the bada$$e$!", "buy our stuff, or else!". It's somewhat comparable with these 'fake news', in that the effect of these copyright notices is mostly psychological. And the intended target audience is mostly too gullible to take any meaningful counter-measures.

Also keep in mind that it doesn't take any special or extra effort to monitor additional torrents. Nearly everything is automatized these days, and the people or companies doing that employ bots/automated scripts. If they catch certain IP address-ranges, they operate on their own and send out these automated messages.

People - especially those in North America, Australia and the UK - will need to invest in a good VPN that supports torrenting. Or seek out direct download-style items if possible.

_________________
Copyright notices on old games. [SOLVED] ZlMMeKp

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // How YOU can help seeding // VPN discussion thread // How to install TS3 // TS2 Overview thread

How to install TS Medieval // How to install TS4 // G4TW Sims 4 Gallery Collection!



You can e-mail me for general questions about G4TW, site navigation, and Forum account issues! 

Arrow NO GAME SUPPORT VIA E-MAIL ! 


The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Security Administrator
Inspector General & Site Gatekeeper
G4TW Security AdministratorInspector General & Site Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Posts : 17453
Points : 23617
Reputation : 2626
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Bellisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Copyright notices on old games. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Copyright notices on old games. [SOLVED]

Post by GummyPop on Thu 16 Aug 2018, 00:36

Oh but the sims 2 didn't have a DDL from mega or another site...so I was shocked to see a notice for sims 2 ...but because it wasn't mailed to us but instead emailed...does it make it a fake notice? Cause my mom thinks they'll disconnect the internet.

GummyPop
SE BUSCA - Viva o Muerta
$0.01 Recompensa en efectivo
SE BUSCA - Viva o Muerta $0.01 Recompensa en efectivo

Favourite games : Sims

Posts : 146
Points : 681
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2018-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Copyright notices on old games. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Copyright notices on old games. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 16 Aug 2018, 00:49

@GummyPop wrote:Oh but the sims 2 didn't have a DDL from mega or another site...so I was shocked to see a notice for sims 2 ...but because it wasn't mailed to us but instead emailed...does it make it a fake notice? Cause my mom thinks they'll disconnect the internet.


We generally don't have direct download links for the vast majority of our items. But there is one for the newer Sims 2 repack here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t33221-the-sims-2-origin-ultimate-collection-out-now

And if the sender e-mail is the same as from your ISP...then the notice is not fake.

_________________
Copyright notices on old games. [SOLVED] ZlMMeKp

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // How YOU can help seeding // VPN discussion thread // How to install TS3 // TS2 Overview thread

How to install TS Medieval // How to install TS4 // G4TW Sims 4 Gallery Collection!



You can e-mail me for general questions about G4TW, site navigation, and Forum account issues! 

Arrow NO GAME SUPPORT VIA E-MAIL ! 


The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Security Administrator
Inspector General & Site Gatekeeper
G4TW Security AdministratorInspector General & Site Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V / GTA Online, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.

Male

Posts : 17453
Points : 23617
Reputation : 2626
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Bellisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Copyright notices on old games. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Copyright notices on old games. [SOLVED]

Post by GummyPop on Thu 16 Aug 2018, 17:59

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@GummyPop wrote:Oh but the sims 2 didn't have a DDL from mega or another site...so I was shocked to see a notice for sims 2 ...but because it wasn't mailed to us but instead emailed...does it make it a fake notice? Cause my mom thinks they'll disconnect the internet.


We generally don't have direct download links for the vast majority of our items. But there is one for the newer Sims 2 repack here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t33221-the-sims-2-origin-ultimate-collection-out-now

And if the sender e-mail is the same as from your ISP...then the notice is not fake.

Oh ok thanks....just wish they'd drop old titles even if they created it...it just makes seem like greed sharks.



Gatekeeper Edit: problem solved, topic closed.

- The_gh0stm4n

GummyPop
SE BUSCA - Viva o Muerta
$0.01 Recompensa en efectivo
SE BUSCA - Viva o Muerta $0.01 Recompensa en efectivo

Favourite games : Sims

Posts : 146
Points : 681
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2018-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum