Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Help] Cleaning up to reinatall after failed Vampires/Toddlers EP game failing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Help] Cleaning up to reinatall after failed Vampires/Toddlers EP game failing Empty [Help] Cleaning up to reinatall after failed Vampires/Toddlers EP game failing

Post by Guest Sat 18 Aug 2018, 20:05

So after doing everything I possibly can to make the Vampires things work and still ending up with the infinite loading I decided to uninstall and reinstall and just use the first three packs.

The first time I did this it was fine and worked great but this time I just get nothing but 'something was from an old version and to update from Origin'

I searched on here and it said to delete a 'default-something' in the Bin folder and it would run but on entering I found that even though I deleted the Sims 4 folder after uninstalling it's still not doing right.

I think I might have missed something or didn't get it all.

Back to top Go down

[Help] Cleaning up to reinatall after failed Vampires/Toddlers EP game failing Empty Re: [Help] Cleaning up to reinatall after failed Vampires/Toddlers EP game failing

Post by Guest Sat 18 Aug 2018, 20:28

Don't delete "Default.ini" from "Game\Bin"! Extract City Living again to get that file back.

Delete "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\GameVersion.txt". Or if you don't have any saves delete whole "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4" folder.

Back to top Go down

[Help] Cleaning up to reinatall after failed Vampires/Toddlers EP game failing Empty Re: [Help] Cleaning up to reinatall after failed Vampires/Toddlers EP game failing

Post by Guest Sat 18 Aug 2018, 20:32

anadius1 wrote:Don't delete "Default.ini" from "Game\Bin"! Extract City Living again to get that file back.

Delete "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\GameVersion.txt". Or if you don't have any saves delete whole "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4" folder.

Thanks, I saw that mentioned but I kept looking for it in my drive. I'll tell you if that works

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Aug 2018, 22:14

anadius1 wrote:Don't delete "Default.ini" from "Game\Bin"! Extract City Living again to get that file back.

I did that and replaced the file and now the game works, but I can't seem to get the update.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Aug 2018, 22:27

I've seen your post.
1. Ignore those "install extension" and "enable notifications" messages. Sometimes ads open new tabs, make sure you're still on adfly one.
2. You can't apply newest update on top of what you've got installed now (Get to Work, Get Together and City Living). You need all releases from G4TW. Install them according to this guide.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top