Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Issue involving being told to have Origin running?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Issue involving being told to have Origin running? Empty Issue involving being told to have Origin running?

Post by Guest Thu 04 Oct 2018, 00:55

Hello!

I have recently decided to download the Sims 4 on my computer, including the packs released on the website. ( All from Games4theworld.) As I finished following the installation guide for "Get Together", as I went to start up my game an error appeared saying that Origin was not running and that it needed to be running to now play The Sims 4. I have read the note at the top of the installation guide, and it continued saying so before I even had Origin installed on my computer. I had closed down Origin completely and went to start the game but it just continued by opening Origin itself and appearing with the same message afterwards. 

I have not tried reinstalling the game yet, being as I would like to keep my progress and etc being as I played before beginning the pack installations. If there is no way to solve this problem, I will try reinstalling my game, but if there is a simple fix for so, please feel free to answer.

And to avoid any confusion, I have followed the Installation guide after being told to do so on the "up-to-date instructions".

Back to top Go down

Issue involving being told to have Origin running? Empty Re: Issue involving being told to have Origin running?

Post by Guest Thu 04 Oct 2018, 01:00

The guide says it at the end to move your game from default "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4" to different location with shorter path, for example "C:\Program Files\The Sims 4".

So: move the game, close Origin, start the game. And it should work.

Back to top Go down

Issue involving being told to have Origin running? Empty Re: Issue involving being told to have Origin running?

Post by Guest Thu 04 Oct 2018, 01:07

Yes, I probably should have mentioned that I have done so yet the problem is still occurring.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Oct 2018, 01:20

Add "Game\Bin" to your anti-virus exception list and extract it again from "Get Together".

BTW which DLCs have you downloaded already? Consider using this repack for much smaller download.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top