Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Updating to 1.46.18: "Hello" and 0xc0000142 Error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Updating to 1.46.18: "Hello" and 0xc0000142 Error Empty Updating to 1.46.18: "Hello" and 0xc0000142 Error

Post by Guest Mon 08 Oct 2018, 23:51

Dear G4TW community,

I've been lucky to have found you in the early days of Sims 3. And you've always been incredibly helpful and resourceful for giving all your support in games. However, with the latest updates I've come to a tiny issue regarding the execution of the game.

I've been trying to update my game from Laundry day stuff to the latest (1.46.18) version and followed your guides thoroughly. However, I stumbled across strange errors. After not being able to figure out how to solve it on my own, I deleted the entire game and redownloaded everything again. However, I came across the very same error again and it's quite frustrating. 

The first message that pops up when opening the program is: Updating to 1.46.18: "Hello" and 0xc0000142 Error Hello_10

When I click the "Hello" error away, this strange 0x0000142 error pops up. 
Updating to 1.46.18: "Hello" and 0xc0000142 Error 142err10

This happened to me twice in a row now and I have absolutely no idea what I've been doing wrong. I'm not very tech savvy myself, and I must admit I'm a bit scared to tweak things on my own without proper guidance. 

Things I've tried: 

• Following the guide: https://www.games4theworld.club/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly
  • Making a second game folder and renaming the first one to _game after patch 1.30 as said in the guide
  • Merging game_ folder with each other after finding different reports or errors
  • Moving my entire Sims 3 folder to C:\Program Files and moving it back
  • Reinstalling the base game in case of ClientFullBuild# files missing in The Sims 4\Data\Client
  • Adding an exception to C:\Program Files\The Sims 4\Game\Bin for my antivirus (Avast)

I'm running a win 10 pro x64 with intel i7 processor with no virtualization technology option available (also checked that because of another thread about OrangeEmu.dll)
Sims 4 has always worked until updating to current patch. I've completely run out of options and don't know what to do anymore. 

Please send help Smile Yess, aye lieeke!

Back to top Go down

Updating to 1.46.18: "Hello" and 0xc0000142 Error Empty Re: Updating to 1.46.18: "Hello" and 0xc0000142 Error

Post by Guest Mon 08 Oct 2018, 23:56

Disable Hyper-V. Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program > Turn Windows features on or off > uncheck Hyper-V. If that doesn't help, disable virtualization in BIOS/(U)EFI.

Back to top Go down

Updating to 1.46.18: "Hello" and 0xc0000142 Error Empty Re: Updating to 1.46.18: "Hello" and 0xc0000142 Error

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 09 Oct 2018, 02:18

7freya7 wrote:I'm running a win 10 pro x64 with intel i7 processor with no virtualization technology option available 

Welcome to the Forum,

Sometimes you have to look very carefully in the BIOS for these options, and pay attention what the options are named. Try doing research in case of doubt. In our experience, this error is indeed caused by Hyper-V or some other virtualization feature, liker anadius said.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top