Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just installed Town Life and the game doesn't play.........

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Just installed Town Life and the game doesn't play......... Empty Just installed Town Life and the game doesn't play.........

Post by Guest Fri 10 Feb 2012, 17:35

Hey all!! I downloaded the base Sims 3, no probs..... then yesterday downloaded and installed Master Suite and the "Everything fix", no probs. Was playing the game last night perfectly. Today I downloaded and installed Town Life and dragged and dropped those files in the base game bin folder. Now I just get a black screen. Any clues????? Followed installation guide right to the T..........

Back to top Go down

Just installed Town Life and the game doesn't play......... Empty Re: Just installed Town Life and the game doesn't play.........

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 10 Feb 2012, 18:05

Hello,
Did you apply the crack from the file you downloaded? If yes, reapply the latest fix and it should work fine.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Just installed Town Life and the game doesn't play......... Empty Re: Just installed Town Life and the game doesn't play.........

Post by Guest Fri 10 Feb 2012, 20:10

I did apply the crack that came with it. Do i have to reinstall the fix now?? I have nooooooooo clue to what i'm doing. lol I reapplied the crack codes from the fix and it got me to be able to play the game but when it's loading it only shows the Master Suite screen.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 10 Feb 2012, 21:05

Hello,
It should, when new expansions are installed, the game shows the loadingscreen from your latest pack. In other words, if you uninstalled it, you'd see the Pets screen.
Rest assured, the content from all your previous expansions and the base game is present.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Feb 2012, 21:37

Yes, everything worked fine after I installed Master Suite. I installed Town Life today and it still shows Master Suite when it starts up. Wondering if I should uninstall Town Life and try reinstalling?!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 10 Feb 2012, 21:57

Hello,
No that won't be necessary since Master Suite stuff is still the latest stuff pack, it is normal that you're looking at its loadingscreen. Your items from Town Life stuff are there.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Feb 2012, 22:31

I actually installed the crack code that came with Town Life and dropped it into the Sims "bin". Then I realized that, and just dropped the crack in the Ultimate fix into the Sims bin and i could play again.

Sooooooo......... any other expansions I add, just remember to drop the crack code of the Ultimate fix into the "bin" and everything will be ok................ correct?????

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 12 Feb 2012, 00:04

Hello,

Just install the new expansions you like, but do not crack anything.
If it works, it works. If it gives any problems, just re-apply the latest version of the Ultimate Fix and it should work fine again.
Glad it starts up now.

Anything else we can help you with at the moment?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top