Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Origin Base game, All in one Cracked game + DLCs, Gallery

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Origin Base game, All in one Cracked game + DLCs, Gallery Empty Origin Base game, All in one Cracked game + DLCs, Gallery

Post by Guest Wed 21 Nov 2018, 07:36

Hi all,

Apologies if this was answered before, I did a search and found some information but not completely what I was looking for.

So I've been playing the all in one cracked Download from Tarac (thank you!).  Now that Sims 4 on Origin is on sale (10$ right now) I wanted to buy just the base game to be able to access the gallery to share to and download from.  I think I understand how to do that through the folder switching tutorial posted, and keeping the saves separate.  My question is, what functionality will the gallery actually have if I just have the base game and use the cracked dlcs?  Will I still be able to share my creations to the gallery ie Pets etc if I don't have the origin cats and dogs dlc, only the cracked one?  Or will it only share base game assets?

Am I thinking correctly that I basically have to have two sims 4 versions installed as well?  (Origin and cracked) Or can I combine them somehow and play off of one?

Sorry for the newb questions.

Back to top Go down

Origin Base game, All in one Cracked game + DLCs, Gallery Empty Re: Origin Base game, All in one Cracked game + DLCs, Gallery

Post by Guest Wed 21 Nov 2018, 10:43

Phoenixia wrote:Hi all,

Apologies if this was answered before, I did a search and found some information but not completely what I was looking for.

So I've been playing the all in one cracked Download from Tarac (thank you!).  Now that Sims 4 on Origin is on sale (10$ right now) I wanted to buy just the base game to be able to access the gallery to share to and download from.  I think I understand how to do that through the folder switching tutorial posted, and keeping the saves separate.  My question is, what functionality will the gallery actually have if I just have the base game and use the cracked dlcs?  Will I still be able to share my creations to the gallery ie Pets etc if I don't have the origin cats and dogs dlc, only the cracked one?  Or will it only share base game assets?

Am I thinking correctly that I basically have to have two sims 4 versions installed as well?  (Origin and cracked) Or can I combine them somehow and play off of one?

Sorry for the newb questions.
Safest way is to have 2 different folders The Sims 4 (1 for Origin in the default folder C:\Program Files x86\Origin Games\The Sims 4 and an other one for your cracked version.
These 2 versions use the same folder for your game progress, being User\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4.
Via Origin you can access the Galery and up-/download, but NEVER EVER save an Origin played game.
Galery-items are immediately available in your cracked game.

Of course Origin must not be active when playing the cracked game.
When the version of the Origin game is higher than the cracked game you will get the  "Unable to play, Higher version, update via Origin" error
In that case go to the folder for your Origin game ->Game -> Bin and copy the file Default.ini to the corresponding position in the folder of the cracked game.

Yes it is possible to have both versions in 1 and the same folder but I do not advise it !
You must then rename the folder Game in your cracked game to Game_cracked and create a new shortcut from Game_cracked\Bin\TS4.exe or TS4_x64.exe
When you've bought the base-game from Origin, first open Origin ->Application Settings ->Advanced, in the section Downloaded Games set the location to that of your cracked game.
Say your cracked game is in D:\Sims Games\The Sims 4, enter as location D:\Sims Games so without the additional The Sims 4.
You can now play the Original game via Game\Bin and the cracked version via Game_cracked\Bin.
As said however I do not advise it as utilities like the DLC toggler and the Validator will not work properly.

Back to top Go down

Origin Base game, All in one Cracked game + DLCs, Gallery Empty Re: Origin Base game, All in one Cracked game + DLCs, Gallery

Post by Guest Sat 24 Nov 2018, 05:44

Thank you so much for the response!  Managed to get it all working after some fumbling, and found out uploading to the gallery with just an origin base game is pretty much impossible unless I use only base game assets.  But downloading works great!  Except for pets.  For some reason no matter what I do I can't get the downloaded pets to show up in my CAS.  If I load a family even with a pet it loads the family members but not the pet, and I've noticed I can't switch to other family members at that time.  It will say can't change while in the genetics screen, even though the genetics or pet never popped up.  Is that a crack game issue or a bug somewhere?  I don't have any problems with the various other DLC from the gallery.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Nov 2018, 11:13

That was reported earlier. This could be an issue with original game not downloading pets info since you don't have that DLC. But that's just speculation. We need someone with original Cats & Dogs and ask them to try it. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 24 Nov 2018, 16:23

Phoenixia wrote:(...) If I load a family even with a pet it loads the family members but not the pet, 

anadius wrote:That was reported earlier. This could be an issue with original game not downloading pets info since you don't have that DLC. But that's just speculation. We need someone with original Cats & Dogs and ask them to try it. Razz

Indeed that pets "bug" (?) is a small nuisance; we should be grateful though that downloaded houses and sims are still working in these CODEX-versions of the game. I was expecting otherwise, but let's not get into that.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Nov 2018, 16:01

Very true, the gallery as a whole at least still works so can't really complain too much for something free!  XD  Sorry, hadn't meant it to come out that way if it had, I was just thinking it was weird for one to work (like for example Vampires are fine to download) but not the other.

Speaking of testing with a cats and dogs dlc:  Update on that.  haha  I went ahead and grabbed it since it was on sale.  And I can confirm, they now download perfectly fine after owning the legit Cats and Dogs DLC.  I can take whatever I want animal-wise from the gallery and they now show up in the cracked copy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Nov 2018, 16:03

Which I guess begs the question if that is going to be a new thing for EA, if other DLC will end up following the example.  Hope not, what a pain.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 27 Nov 2018, 20:44

Phoenixia wrote:XD  Sorry, hadn't meant it to come out that way if it had, (...)

No, it's OK. The comment of mine was meant as a general statement; with the idea in mind that there may be a chance at some point, that these items will become completely un-usable in CODEX/G4TW-versions of The Sims 4.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top