Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 Mods/CC

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 Mods/CC Empty Sims 4 Mods/CC

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2018, 03:38

hey , i want to ask is why when i apply my Mods/CC on my sims , the lots is suddenly disappear and gone but when i didnt use it, there is no bug or crash in lots. can you guys explain to me why i cant use mods/cc anymore? thank you!

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Mods/CC Empty Re: Sims 4 Mods/CC

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2018, 09:38

Update your mods, fix CC with Sims 4 Studio.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2018, 10:33

can you teach me how to fix my mods and fix my cc? thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2018, 10:36

*update my mods

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2018, 10:43

For mods, just download new versions.
For CC, use Sims 4 Studio, it has some batch fixes available to fix all CC at once. http://www.sims4studio.com/

I don't use mods/CC so that's all the help you'll get from me.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 28 Nov 2018, 16:43

Nothing really special to do about "updating mods". Yes, just download new versions and then also delete or replace the old mods.

About the batch fix, there was another comment earlier:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t34396-the-sims-4-get-famous-and-cc#200141
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Nov 2018, 09:28

how do i find the new versions of mod? can you guys give me the link? thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 29 Nov 2018, 18:43

Bershkax wrote:how do i find the new versions of mod? can you guys give me the link? thanks!

Where did you download your current mods from? 

I can't give you a "link", since I don't know what mods you are using exactly, and besides I myself am not an expert for mods. WhatDidUJustCallMe?  You have to go to the same websites, from where you got your current mods.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Nov 2018, 04:35

actually i got all my CC from https://www.thesimsresource.com/ . but the CC is all good and clear its just when i use CC on my sims , all my houses just disappear. its not about the CC disappear. all the lots like karaoke and all just gone, even my house.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Nov 2018, 07:06

Bershkax wrote:actually i got all my CC from https://www.thesimsresource.com/ . but the CC is all good and clear its just when i use CC on my sims , all my houses just disappear. its not about the CC disappear. all the lots like karaoke and all just gone, even my house.

Sorry to say this, but not all the cc on tsr is good and clear. If there is one site which is infamous for broken cc it's the sims resource (tsr), cause that happened alot in the past and one better still take caution when downloading from there. Not to mention they also have a past of adding trackers. Hairs released there have often clipping issues,so i suggest to go for a fixed version of it.
Now not all cc makers are bad. I mean, i do use that site myself as well. I use stuff from Ekinege, Harmonia, Birba32, Altea27, MissFortuneSims, Trillyke, Darko/Nightcrawler, Anto/Alesso (also known as coolsims), S-club and leahlilith. I know the stuff from the first 4 since ts3 and from Ekinege i even use ts2 stuff from her. Ekinege, Harmonia, Birba and Altea are the better ones on tsr and can be trusted. However, keep in mind that newer stuff they release often is based on the latest version of the sims 4. But i would broaden your horizon and not that depending on tsr. Take also a look to other sites. An usefull site, and which i use as well, is Lana's CC Finds. http://sssvitlans.tumblr.com/  That site covers ts2, ts3 and ts4 cc and you can find everything even in fancy categories.
An other one which you can use is http://www.sims4updates.net  Not as good as lana, but you can also find alot of links there. But pay attention to where you go, as some cc makers have the habit of putting their cc behind a patreon wall, especially now with sims 4 cc. And there are those who use adf.ly or similar referral links. If you use firefox you can use an addon called Adf.ly skipper. An other big site is http://www.modthesims.info. MTS is famous for scripting cc and tools, but you can find clothes, houses and the like there as well. I often go here for houses, as you can find cc free there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Dec 2018, 07:37

Go to Sims VIP, they have a LOOOOng list of broken cc, with links to the fixed stuff. For ordinary cc, use sims 4 studio. 

https://simsvip.com/2018/11/13/broken-mods-for-november-18-patch-famous-ep/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Dec 2018, 19:55

Bershkax wrote:hey , i want to ask is why when i apply my Mods/CC on my sims , the lots is suddenly disappear and gone but when i didnt use it, there is no bug or crash in lots. can you guys explain to me why i cant use mods/cc anymore? thank you!

Hi, how are you applying your mods? I just downloaded Sims 4 and I'm used to having mods on Sims 3, but I don't recognize the folder hierarchy in Sims 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Dec 2018, 12:03

s
Loonieloose wrote:Go to Sims VIP, they have a LOOOOng list of broken cc, with links to the fixed stuff. For ordinary cc, use sims 4 studio. 

https://simsvip.com/2018/11/13/broken-mods-for-november-18-patch-famous-ep/

SimsVIP is indeed a nice source for finding out where all the borked stuff is. But for just downloading cc better use lana's cc finds, sims4updates or sims4downloads, as well as MTS. TSR can also, but then just download from cc makers which are known to deliver quality, such as Ekinege and Birba32 or S-Club. Avoid Saliwa, that's one of the more borked creators. sims 4 studio is the home of same named tool, which is used to create cc. If you're just looking for some cc then that's not the place to go.

fynniex wrote:
Bershkax wrote:hey , i want to ask is why when i apply my Mods/CC on my sims , the lots is suddenly disappear and gone but when i didnt use it, there is no bug or crash in lots. can you guys explain to me why i cant use mods/cc anymore? thank you!

Hi, how are you applying your mods? I just downloaded Sims 4 and I'm used to having mods on Sims 3, but I don't recognize the folder hierarchy in Sims 4

Sims 4 have an other structure then Sims 3. Just as sims 3 the folder is called mods, but then without having 2 subfolders called packages and override. It's just now a mods folder, actually a bit like the downloads folder in The Sims 2. However, to play with mods in the sims 4 you first need to activate it in the game itself. It's under options. There are 2 lines which needs to be activated; one is for adding mods, the other is for allowing scriptmods. Tick both boxes if you plan to use scriptmods as well, such as Deaderpool's MC Command Center.
Keep in mind though that with every update of the sims 4 mods will be disabled by default, so you need to activate them again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top