Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seasons disappears after patch 1.47.51 applied

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Seasons disappears after patch 1.47.51 applied Empty Seasons disappears after patch 1.47.51 applied

Post by Guest Fri 30 Nov 2018, 22:45

Hi all!

Once I applied the 1.47.51 patch (following all instructions to the letter), Seasons has just totally disappeared from my game. Has anyone else had this happen and found a fix? 

No custom content or mods installed, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I'm having surgery in a couple of weeks and will need this game to keep me from climbing the walls. ;^)

Thanks!
- digitalbetty

Back to top Go down

Seasons disappears after patch 1.47.51 applied Empty Re: Seasons disappears after patch 1.47.51 applied

Post by Guest Fri 30 Nov 2018, 22:47

Run the validator (in quick scan mode) and post the result here.

Back to top Go down

Seasons disappears after patch 1.47.51 applied Empty Re: Seasons disappears after patch 1.47.51 applied

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 30 Nov 2018, 23:33

digitalbetty wrote:Hi all!

Once I applied the 1.47.51 patch (following all instructions to the letter), Seasons has just totally disappeared from my game. Has anyone else had this happen and found a fix? 

No custom content or mods installed, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I'm having surgery in a couple of weeks and will need this game to keep me from climbing the walls. ;^)

Thanks!
- digitalbetty

You can "thank" Micro$oft for these constant file/folder-permission glitches. Happened to me as well a long time ago, and I re-copied and re-pasted the G4TW DLC though. In your case, indeed try running the validator.

Nowadays I use this method here (a bit dubious and not necessarily recommended for the average user to do):
https://www.games4theworld.club/t32557-the-hidden-super-administrator-account-under-windows-10

If everything was applied correctly in your case, and you get such an error again in the future, try running the game as Administrator and see if it changes anything. There should be a small chance this could already do the trick.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Dec 2018, 00:00

Ok, here's the validator report. Man, that thing took forever! I look forward to hearing what the heck this all means. I feel like I'm looking at a mixture of English and Greek.

Thanks!
digitalbetty

The_gh0stm4n, if this report doesn't yield any solutions, I'll definitely give your suggestion a shot too. Thanks for the tip!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Dec 2018, 01:25

So I actually LOOKED at this report & see what it's reporting. Do I go and find these files in the update and copy them into my game folder where they should be? It seems like the straightforward answer, but I don't want to break anything further.

-db

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Dec 2018, 11:56

I told you to run it in quick scan mode. It would take seconds and show missing and unknown files.

You sure you had Seasons at all? Because validator shows you're missing Jungle Adventure, My First Pet Stuff and Seasons. I don't know, maybe you did some system restore recently? You won't find those files in the update because they didn't change. You need "The Sims 4 - Jungle Adventure.rar", "The Sims 4 - My First Pet Stuff.rar" and "The Sims 4 - Seasons.rar".

From "The Sims 4 - Jungle Adventure.rar" extract "GP06" folder.

From "The Sims 4 - My First Pet Stuff.rar" extract "SP14" folder and those files:
delta/gp06/resourceclient.cfg
delta/gp06/resourcesimulation.cfg
delta/sp13/magalog.package
delta/sp13/resourceclient.cfg
delta/sp13/resourcesimulation.cfg

From "The Sims 4 - Seasons.rar" extract "EP05" folder and those files:
delta/ep05/resourceclient.cfg
delta/ep05/resourcesimulation.cfg

If you have them, good, ignore following message. If not, that's 15.6GB download.

You could use my repack for smaller download. Those three DLCs weight 1.67GB. Files from "Delta" folder weight ~4MB and I could send them to you. Or you could download patch from my repack but that weights 3.46GB. But 5.13GB is still smaller than 15.6. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Dec 2018, 16:12

That was the quick scan option, maybe I did something incorrectly?

I did have those installed before & haven't messed with my system at all. I have all the downloads on an external drive, so I'll just get the missing items back into my game. 

It was a head scratcher because I've never had that happen before.

Thanks so much for the help, much appreciated!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Dec 2018, 19:49

And it worked! Thanks again, so very much for your help. This will keep me occupied while recovering, so I'm sure my family thanks you as well!

-db

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top