Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Error when trying to install update. [SOLVED]

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

silent install - Error when trying to install update. [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Error when trying to install update. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2019, 03:47

First topic message reminder :

Cannot start because required data is missing or damaged is the error I keep receiving. I just tried to install the update, that was all. After I was going to install the famous game.

Back to top Go down

silent install - Error when trying to install update. [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Error when trying to install update. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 03 Jan 2019, 18:01

anadius wrote:I told you to clean up this mess. Use "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4" folder. As for installing, it's just extracting files and moving them, the only thing you can mess up is order. First Get Famous, then Update 1.48.94.1020.

I already deleted what you said to delete in the Program Files folder. Well yeah, its extracting the files and moving them but I'm putting them in the program filesx86 folder? If so, you told me to delete all of my old game folders and everyone else says to keep making new ones. So, when I extract, do I just replace all files and that's it or do I have to make a new game folder? I'm sure if it was so cut and dry there wouldn't be so many question threads, lol.

Back to top Go down

silent install - Error when trying to install update. [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Error when trying to install update. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 03 Jan 2019, 18:18

anadius wrote:And clean up other folders. If you still have the archives (.rar/.zip/.7z files) you downloaded, then delete extracted folders. I keep mine in one folder:
silent install - Error when trying to install update. [SOLVED] - Page 2 G4tw10
This is what I meant when I said "I told you to clean up this mess".

Once again, yes, use "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4" folder.

Who tells you to keep them? The guide you linked says to rename or delete old "Game" folder only in step 7 and 10. You don't have to but you can delete it every time you install new update/dlc, G4TW releases always contain full "Game" folder so you won't miss any file.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Jan 2019, 19:08

Forget everything I just said, I remember how to install now, sorry for the confusion.

I installed the Famous game, no issue but then installed what I thought was the update and got the same error when it was done. I realized then that I installed an old update instead of a new one. -.- Is it okay if I just paste the new update in there.. Or I'm pretty much screwed?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Jan 2019, 19:12

It's working Ermahgerd I guess it worked.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 04 Jan 2019, 12:54

Xenia wrote:I realized then that I installed an old update instead of a new one. -.- Is it okay if I just paste the new update in there.. Or I'm pretty much screwed?

You can install an "old update" first, before applying the new one. Usually these G4TW repacks of newest patches, incorporate older updates as well. Meaning it would be easier to apply the newest update straight away.

Glad to hear it's working now. Problem solved, topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top