Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 unable to start: Contents of user data directory were created by a newer version of the sims 4 and cannot be loaded.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 unable to start: Contents of user data directory were created by a newer version of the sims 4 and cannot be loaded. - Page 2 Empty Sims 4 unable to start: Contents of user data directory were created by a newer version of the sims 4 and cannot be loaded.

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2019, 05:39

First topic message reminder :

So I had the sims 4 before, but my files were all so messed up. So I decided to just delete everything and start all over again. I downloaded respectively:
-The sims 4
-Get to work
-Get together
-City living
-Toddlers, vampires and bowling
-parenthood
-fitness stuff
-toddlers stuff
-cats and dogs

I moved the files from C: to E: due to low space, and deleted them in C. The game was updating just fine and working, but at the 3 last updates, the game started to show me something along those lines "error to load game: code 3", and it just wouldn't start.

I thought maybe it was because I ran low on Ram memory, so I decided to delete everything, and redo everything from the start again. ;-;

I ran the sims 4 set up again, however this time I forgot to uninstall the current sims 4 I had, and thus uninstalled it from the setup itself ;-;

Now no matter how many times I install the sims 4, it keeps giving me the message "Unable to start: contents of user data directory were created by a newer version and cannot be loaded" T~T

The things I did to try and solve this thing:
-Uninstall the non updated base game from the setup
-deleted all the extracted files
-move places of the base game

But nothing would work, I am so frustrated ;-; I JUST WANNA PLAY THE GAME T~T

Can someone pls tell me to do? I really don't want to redownload everything again ;-;

Thank u T~T

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 unable to start: Contents of user data directory were created by a newer version of the sims 4 and cannot be loaded. - Page 2 Empty Re: Sims 4 unable to start: Contents of user data directory were created by a newer version of the sims 4 and cannot be loaded.

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2019, 13:58

Okay got it~ Thank you so much anadius~ ❤️

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 unable to start: Contents of user data directory were created by a newer version of the sims 4 and cannot be loaded. - Page 2 Empty Re: Sims 4 unable to start: Contents of user data directory were created by a newer version of the sims 4 and cannot be loaded.

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2019, 15:30

anadius wrote:If you read that topic you'd know the original problem was already fixed.

And please don't tell people to delete "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\GameVersion.txt" or "The Sims 4\Game\Bin\Default.ini". While this makes the game start it may also corrupt your save file and cause some problems later on.
Suppose you had everything installed incl. the latest patch for 1.49.65.1020

Sims 4 unable to start: Contents of user data directory were created by a newer version of the sims 4 and cannot be loaded. - Page 2 Game-complete_orig

Now you install My First Pet

The game won't start as you get the error
When you delete GameVersion.txt, at least the game will start and you'll see this

Sims 4 unable to start: Contents of user data directory were created by a newer version of the sims 4 and cannot be loaded. - Page 2 My-first-pet_orig

It's clear that you are missing Seasons and Get Famous and you are back to version 1.41.42.1010.

Re-installing Get Famous + latest patch will solve the problem.

I never adviced to delete Default.ini and I fail to see how the deletion of GameVersion will harm your Saves when you just start the game and don't play/save it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2019, 15:56

That's what I made validator for. Quick scan gives plenty of information needed to fix problems like this.

True, you don't tell people to delete Default.ini, but you tell them to replace it with another version of that file. Result is the same. Game starts even when it shouldn't.

People who start the game usually want to play it. So when they see it starts most of them will happily go straight to playing. And then they will save the game and corrupt saves.

I just prefer to fix a problem instead of using workaround that can cause more damage than good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2019, 16:23

anadius wrote:True, you don't tell people to delete Default.ini, but you tell them to replace it with another version of that file. Result is the same. Game starts even when it shouldn't.
No, no, no, I don't tell them to replace Default.ini with another version.
I only give a simple solution in case they already have overwritten their default.ini and are confronted with the well known error.
Please don't misquote my words.

Yes, your validator is a great invention and I 100% support it, but sometimes there also is another simple solution.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2019, 16:45

Tarac wrote:No, no, no, I don't tell them to replace Default.ini with another version.
I only give a simple solution in case they already have overwritten their default.ini and are confronted with the well known error.
Please don't misquote my words.
Yes you do. https://www.games4theworld.club/t24078-how-to-bypass-folder-switching-between-a-legit-and-cracked-sims-4 In this guide you tell people how to run lower version of the game when you have updated original on Origin. By taking "Default.ini" file from original game and pasting it to cracked version.
Tarac wrote:Yes, your validator is a great invention and I 100% support it, but sometimes there also is another simple solution.
Except what you tell people to do is not a solution. If they save the game it can corrupt saves. When people get this error just tell them how to update their game.

Anyway if you want to continue this let's take this to PW.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top