Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What’s triggering this glitch? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What’s triggering this glitch? [SOLVED] Empty What’s triggering this glitch? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 17 Feb 2019, 14:16

removed my mods folder but not before deleting the sims 3 folder from documents first and i’m still getting the same glitch. i did apply the stores fix for all of the expansions, updates my game and yeah, followed the instructions throughly so, i don’t know where it went wrong SadWhat’s triggering this glitch? [SOLVED] 6d45a510What’s triggering this glitch? [SOLVED] 6d45a510

Back to top Go down

What’s triggering this glitch? [SOLVED] Empty Re: What’s triggering this glitch? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 17 Feb 2019, 21:32

i’m at loss here, why

Back to top Go down

What’s triggering this glitch? [SOLVED] Empty Re: What’s triggering this glitch? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 17 Feb 2019, 22:20

Welcome to the Forum first of all,

Have you been able to play this game on your current computer in the past? Or is this here your very first time with The Sims 3?

Next thing is, does your computer fulfill the system requirements for The Sims 3 (look them up)? And do you know how to update graphics drivers? My guess for now is that this is some kind of graphics glitch that might be fixed by getting a driver update for the graphics device.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Feb 2019, 08:44

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Welcome to the Forum first of all,

Have you been able to play this game on your current computer in the past? Or is this here your very first time with The Sims 3?

Next thing is, does your computer fulfill the system requirements for The Sims 3 (look them up)? And do you know how to update graphics drivers? My guess for now is that this is some kind of graphics glitch that might be fixed by getting a driver update for the graphics device.

defiantly not my first time playing nor installing the game using game4theworld downloads and tutorial, on the same computer even. don't know why i'm having this issue now and out of nowhere Sad

my system's not that great but like i said, i was able to run the game smoothly before (well, you know how the sims 3 is, it can get laggy sometimes lol) weird. .

the thing is, before having this issue, i was getting some sort of an error that required me to mess with regedit (was googling a tutorial, don't remember what for ****. .) but regedit didn't help so i had to uninstall and reinstall and that issue went away but i got this now. the glitchhh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Feb 2019, 08:46

sorry for the double post but i'm in the process of uninstalling and reinstalling the game once again, might help, i'll see!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Feb 2019, 14:09

triple post but, i reinstalled the base and seasons only and nope, still the same issue with empty main menu that i forgot to mention earlier. the last three panels of the main menu is empty minus the checks

https://i.servimg.com/u/f24/20/03/50/71/951a9c10.jpg

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 19 Feb 2019, 12:51

Have you tried using the 1.67 manual patch?

If so, you must use the 1.67 Ultimate Fix as well, see here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

The files that are in the #Crack-folder inside the Seasons-pack are incompatible, so ignore these items please. Other than that, I'll also need to think where this issue could come from.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Feb 2019, 06:12

i completely ignore ls the #crack folder, used the manual patch and actually, in the middle of installation i get a pop up, an error i presume where it tells me to try again/ignore/abort and i pick ignore. could that be why me game’s glitchy???

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Feb 2019, 13:17

so my game’s finally working but unfortunately i had to install someone else’s pack and finally, zero glitches and the menu is back on.

this pack that i installed did tell me that i had a updated microsoft visual 2010 i believe so, i decided to check the visuals that i had installed and it turns out that i had both the 64x and 84x installed. maybe that what made my game glitchy and i just didn’t notice? idk but it works now, thanks!

https://i.servimg.com/u/f24/20/03/50/71/60b41c10.jpg

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 26 Feb 2019, 01:00

buriedmyvoice wrote:so my game’s finally working but unfortunately i had to install someone else’s pack and finally, zero glitches and the menu is back on.

this pack that i installed did tell me that i had a updated microsoft visual 2010 i believe so, i decided to check the visuals that i had installed and it turns out that i had both the 64x and 84x installed. maybe that what made my game glitchy and i just didn’t notice? idk but it works now, thanks!

https://i.servimg.com/u/f24/20/03/50/71/60b41c10.jpg

Well, at least you got a working game now!

Maybe an idea for the future is to try and backup the downloads (I mean, the actual .rar/.7z archive files from G4TW), on some form of external storage. Game installations can become corrupted, and backing up the actual .rar/.7z archives does offer some chance of preventing corruption.

Either way, have fun!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top