Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 2 makes screen HUGE but won't start?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 2 makes screen HUGE but won't start? Empty The Sims 2 makes screen HUGE but won't start?

Post by Guest Fri 22 Mar 2019, 04:43

Hi!

So, I recently installed the G4TW TS2 Origin Ultimate Collection on my PC (Windows 10).
I followed all instructions perfectly and when I went to start the game, after using the GraphicsRules Maker program as you suggested, my screen went massively zoomed in and I wasn't able to click on ANYTHING. So I found the PDF file for screen resolution editing and followed that, edited all the values and restarted the game. The screen size went back to normalish, although all incons were slightly bigger etc, however the screen is still completely frozen and I am unable to click on anything unless I tap my Windows button on my keyboard and then from there I can only open stuff. The only way I can do anything at all or get my computer back to normal is if I restart the computer completely.

What do I do??

All I wanna do is play some TS2 and feel the nostalgiaaaaaa  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd Why God.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 makes screen HUGE but won't start? Empty Re: The Sims 2 makes screen HUGE but won't start?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 24 Mar 2019, 13:10

jamdamonium wrote:Hi!

So, I recently installed the G4TW TS2 Origin Ultimate Collection on my PC (Windows 10).
I followed all instructions perfectly and when I went to start the game, after using the GraphicsRules Maker program as you suggested, 

Hello,

Can you walk me through briefly, as to what exactly you did (even if you say you followed the included instructions)? Like, did you also add the graphics card to the 'database', I believe this option is located in a different tab. There is a lot that you can do wrong in that program; it took me some time as well to figure out how to use this thing.

Look at the red rectangles down here:

The Sims 2 makes screen HUGE but won't start? Screen12

Then this here (if you do this the first time, instead of the green "yes" shown in my screen, you get the button "add", which you need to click on).

The Sims 2 makes screen HUGE but won't start? Screen13

Don't forget to click the button "save files" (in the first screenshot, lower right corner).

Something else you could try, is to download and install DirectX version 9.0c:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=34429

Not sure if it can help in your case, but it doesn't hurt to have this thing installed.

Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 makes screen HUGE but won't start? Empty Re: The Sims 2 makes screen HUGE but won't start?

Post by Guest Fri 24 May 2019, 22:21

same issue for me,when i click on the game to play,i cant click anything on my desktop,but in 10-15 mins the game boots up and runs great,just the boot time on win 10 is long,try it out and let me know if it works.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 25 May 2019, 22:31

Gatewaypc wrote:same issue for me,when i click on the game to play,i cant click anything on my desktop,but in 10-15 mins the game boots up and runs great,just the boot time on win 10 is long,try it out and let me know if it works.

Have you tried using the "SecuROM removal tool" already?

Code:
https://support.securom.com/removaltool.html

Unpack the removal tool into an empty folder, and run the "SecuROM Remover.exe". Follow the on-screen instructions.

We've got a Carloz.    Yess, aye lieeke!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top