Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 all-in-one.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 all-in-one. Empty Sims 4 all-in-one.

Post by Guest Sat 06 Apr 2019, 12:30

Is there such thing as the sims 4 all-in-one as it was with the sims 3? I saw someone posting about a issue with it but I didn't know there was such thing. When I install it it takes a lot of time because I have to install each expansion&update&etc separately.

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 all-in-one. Empty Re: Sims 4 all-in-one.

Post by Guest Sat 06 Apr 2019, 14:00

I think you mean this one: https://www.games4theworld.club/t32895-the-sims-4-all-in-one-including-strangerville-version-1-50-67-1020

It's nice because you've got everything in .iso image which you just mount and play. You can't edit files on mounted .iso images so your anti-virus won't delete the crack. But you can't update it easily either. So you need to copy the content to your disk and download update from G4TW or download updated .iso file again, so 30GB once more. And I don't know if there will be any updates for all-in-one from Tarac on this forum.

Another option is installing everything from G4TW according to the guide https://www.games4theworld.club/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly and after you install everything - create an archive. This way next time you will have to extract just that one big archive. And when there's a new update - download it, apply, delete previous big archive and create a new one.

And lastly you can use my repack (see signature). When there's a new update you just download new update files (3.6GB and growing with each update) and delete previous ones. And when new DLC comes with the update - download that DLC file. Everything installs from one setup file.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Apr 2019, 14:31

Thank you very much!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 06 Apr 2019, 15:43

anadius wrote:I think you mean this one: https://www.games4theworld.club/t32895-the-sims-4-all-in-one-including-strangerville-version-1-50-67-1020

It's nice because you've got everything in .iso image which you just mount and play. You can't edit files on mounted .iso images so your anti-virus won't delete the crack. 

It's still worth doing the "exceptions"-game in your antivirus though, since most players will eventually (have to?) copy the contents of the .iso, somewhere onto their hard-drives. Also, I suspect that (some?) antivirus programs can still block the execution of an application, even if it is mounted. Admittedly I am not a computer science engineering expert, so this is little more than speculation on my part.

I would be surprised though, if it was possible to "easily smuggle" viruses and malware through .iso images, with no remedy whatsoever. 

anadius wrote:And I don't know if there will be any updates for all-in-one from Tarac on this forum.

Sims 4 all-in-one. 2xww6710

Very Happy

andreea.drutu wrote:Thank you very much!

But back on topic, maybe @Sim Architect wants to pick up on this, at some point. While having such a download embedded within an .iso file is better than .rar/.7z archives, I would actually recommend creating a torrent that downloads the installation folder "The Sims 4" directly. So if such a torrent is created, people can choose to download either the entire folder (in the torrent preview), or they could even navigate through the subfolders in the preview, and download only parts of it. 

Such a format could form a decent synergy with @anadius items, in that people can (re-)download the defective parts of their installation, from said all-in-one torrent. 

Then again, this is merely a suggestion from my part, and Sim Architect must decide if, and how exactly to implement such a download.

Yess, aye lieeke!

//EDIT

yes, for that to work people would stringently need to configure antivirus exclusions beforehand...

//EDIT

I will also move the topic with that all-in-one .iso, out of The Sims 4 Tips & Tricks, in the near future.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sat 06 Apr 2019, 20:37

Hi! Yes, I plan on doing such a release (open torrent / portable), unless the number of files exceed the torrent "protocol" limitations, then I go with an ISO or something else.

Being able to release the torrents open can be quite convenient, as @The
_gh0stm4n points out, also for people who already have the game and only want to download "what's missing". I hope to make a tutorial for that, so the torrent client would reuse the existent files and download only what's necessary. We've been doing that to seed new releases that have repeated files from previous versions and it's working quite well!
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top