Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adding DLC to the original copy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Adding DLC to the original copy Empty Adding DLC to the original copy

Post by Guest Sun 26 May 2019, 12:20

I downloaded the original copy when it was free and I got a lot of dlc from you guys. Is it possible to merge it and be treated as original? I don't mind loosing my games because i don't really have some legacy lol.

Back to top Go down

Adding DLC to the original copy Empty Re: Adding DLC to the original copy

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 26 May 2019, 18:41

nadezdabeka wrote:(...) Is it possible to merge it and be treated as original?

There is a trick involving the use of multiple "Game"-folders, in one single installation. So you could use folders like...

Game_cracked
Game_Origin
Game_ZLOrigin

So if you want to play the Origin-game in this setup, you have to rename Game_Origin to Game. And when you switch back to the cracked one, reverse this, and rename Game_cracked to Game, etc. Bit of a hassle, but if you know what you're doing, one advantage of this setup is that is saves you some filespace.

Personally though, I would just recommend using two separate installations for the Origin game, and the cracked game. But up to you though.  Yess, aye lieeke!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 May 2019, 06:35

Sorry the thread hack but I have a similar question. I also just downloaded the free base game and am wondering if I can add on the cracked dlc to it? I don't care to much about accessing the gallery and other online features but want to know if by adding a cracked expansion will the game still need to be connected to origin?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 27 May 2019, 20:41

key wrote:Sorry the thread hack but I have a similar question. I also just downloaded the free base game and am wondering if I can add on the cracked dlc to it? I don't care to much about accessing the gallery and other online features but want to know if by adding a cracked expansion will the game still need to be connected to origin?

It won't connect to Origin, but since the Origin game will download the latest patch 1.51.77.1020, I don't think you can just add a(ny) cracked expansion on top of it. In order to be 100% safe you'd need to apply all patches released so far, and there's quite a few of them.

If you absolutely want to install the DLC "on top of the Origin version"; try using these here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t33925-the-sims-4-v1-51-77-1020-all-dlcs-selectable-17-languages-anadius-repack-download-only-what-you-need

P.S. instead of Origin, you will start the game through the TS4.exe or TS4_x64.exe, under the Game\Bin subfolder of where you installed the game.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 May 2019, 04:15

Thanks The-gh0stm4n, The only reason I really wanted to install over the origin version was because I had already had installed and played for a few hours. It saves me time from downloading the cracked version. Just worried I might have trouble if origin caught on I was playing with cracked expansions.
I installed C&Ds from the link you provided after making sure I was fully patched and it seems to work. Of course no origin means no gallery but honestly online integration with EA games always leaves a bad taste in my mouth given how freely they love to drop support the second it serves their agenda.

Anyway thank you for taking your time to help clarify this for me. I very much appreciate it.   

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 May 2019, 10:44

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
key wrote:Sorry the thread hack but I have a similar question. I also just downloaded the free base game and am wondering if I can add on the cracked dlc to it? I don't care to much about accessing the gallery and other online features but want to know if by adding a cracked expansion will the game still need to be connected to origin?

It won't connect to Origin, but since the Origin game will download the latest patch 1.51.77.1020, I don't think you can just add a(ny) cracked expansion on top of it. In order to be 100% safe you'd need to apply all patches released so far, and there's quite a few of them.

If you absolutely want to install the DLC "on top of the Origin version"; try using these here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t33925-the-sims-4-v1-51-77-1020-all-dlcs-selectable-17-languages-anadius-repack-download-only-what-you-need

P.S. instead of Origin, you will start the game through the TS4.exe or TS4_x64.exe, under the Game\Bin subfolder of where you installed the game.

I alredz installed the gmaes like that so I could avoid the DLC's I don't need. Can I just place stuff from one folder in  Local drive to another?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 30 May 2019, 17:49

nadezdabeka wrote: Can I just place stuff from one folder in  Local drive to another?

I'm sorry, I don't understand the question. WhatDidUJustCallMe?  Can you try describing more closely what you want to do?

You said you already installed anadius' DLC, and only those that you wanted. So the game is working, right? And if so, which folders do you want to move in or out...?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 May 2019, 22:24

I meant that I already had installed DLC from the second link you provided if I really wanted to connect to Origin. Being that said, can I just move the DLC files and folders from the cracked base game to the legit basegame? Or I'd have to install everything again?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 01 Jun 2019, 19:31

nadezdabeka wrote:I meant that I already had installed DLC from the second link you provided if I really wanted to connect to Origin. Being that said, can I just move the DLC files and folders from the cracked base game to the legit basegame? Or I'd have to install everything again?

No, no. Don't move any folders or files.

The best and easiest method in my opinion is that you have one installation folder for Origin (to download Gallery items), and a separate installation folder for the cracked Sims 4. Note that these folders should be in different locations.

Alternative method:
If you only have one installation folder, you could also do it, theoretically. But then you must have different "Game"-subfolders. One folder could be named "Game_Origin", and the other one "Game_cracked", and depending on what game you want to start, you have to rename these "Game"-folders all the time. 

But there is absolutely no need to "move" anything. In fact, I don't recommend doing that anyways, unless absolutely necessary. Because Windows 10 sometimes has this problem that files and folders are not properly moved or copied. I don't know, maybe this is a glitch or something.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top