Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't play The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection because the file used to launch the game keeps disappearing.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't play The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection because the file used to launch the game keeps disappearing. Empty Can't play The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection because the file used to launch the game keeps disappearing.

Post by Guest Fri 07 Jun 2019, 13:27

Okay so, I installed the game last year but wanted to play again lately. I was able to play without any problems for 4 days and then the file Sims2EP9 disappeared for the first time. I thought that wasnt a big problem as I could just copy the file from the #CRACK folder again. I tried but I couldnt because I didnt have the permissions to modify the file. I tried to uninstall the whole thing but I couldnt because I didnt have the permission to delete it either. So yesterday I just re-installed the game on the desktop without any problem and played. (Now I have 2 copies of the same game.). Today I went to play and the file wasnt there again. I tried re-copying it from the #crack folder but i cant because I dont have the permissions. Idk why its doing that since i was able to replace it without any problems while installing. 
Anyone knows what to do now? Sad

Back to top Go down

Can't play The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection because the file used to launch the game keeps disappearing. Empty Re: Can't play The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection because the file used to launch the game keeps disappearing.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 07 Jun 2019, 21:06

kmartghost wrote:Okay so, I installed the game last year but wanted to play again lately. I was able to play without any problems for 4 days and then the file Sims2EP9 disappeared for the first time. I thought that wasnt a big problem as I could just copy the file from the #CRACK folder again. I tried but I couldnt because I didnt have the permissions to modify the file. I tried to uninstall the whole thing but I couldnt because I didnt have the permission to delete it either. So yesterday I just re-installed the game on the desktop without any problem and played. (Now I have 2 copies of the same game.). Today I went to play and the file wasnt there again. I tried re-copying it from the #crack folder but i cant because I dont have the permissions. Idk why its doing that since i was able to replace it without any problems while installing. 
Anyone knows what to do now? Sad

Welcome to the Forum first of all @kmartghost,

The reason the file disappeared for you is most likely due to anti-virus interferences. Maybe you have some experience with it, maybe not. But basically, this means that these so-called "No-CD bypasses/fixes" are very often flagged by antivirus software, even though they are harmless 99.9% of the time.

So what you want to do now, is to add the installation path of the game to the so-called "exclusions" in your antivirus software. Start with Windows Defender first, and turn it off. If you are running Windows 10, look here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t32067-two-ways-of-disabling-windows-defender-under-windows-10

If you have any other antivirus or antimalware software, look around the settings/options that are available. See if you can add folders or at least files to "exclusions". Save the changes, re-copy/paste the #Crack, and try the game again.

Note that some antivirus software are rather unpleasant to use (AVG for example), and they basically either don't give you the exclusion-option at all, or your input is being ignored. If God forbid this eventually happens to you, you will need to consider un-installing that antivirus. Or at least think about which item (Sims 2, antivirus) you want to give a greater priority.

Good luck!  Yess, aye lieeke!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top