Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 - loading screen loads forever

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 - loading screen loads forever Empty Sims 4 - loading screen loads forever

Post by Guest Sun 09 Jun 2019, 00:09

Hello! I just got a new laptop. (I went from a lenovo notebook to a HP Omen 15).
I've never really had any problems before and I am very familiar with how to install Sims 4 and the packs correctly.

First of, I installed it in the order that was written on this site (https://www.games4theworld.club/t53-all-games4theworld-downloads).
I've never had this problem before, even though I've installed Sims 4 through this site at least 8-10 times. 

I installed the games yesterday, and at first it was giving me the "origin" error, but after trying a few times more I was able to get into my game two times. But today, it stops as soon as the start menu. It just keeps loading forever.

I doubt any files were removed (I've deactivated Windows Defender, and I only use Unhackme as that gives me the control to chose which files I get rid of, instead of the other ones that automatically removes the files for you) 
I also follow the instructions given (Example making sure to remove the Sims 4 from "electronic arts" and into program files, as well as deleting the "game" file before adding the new one). At first I thought I maybe did something wrong, but I've been re-installing the game 3 times already and making sure that I follow each step correctly). 

I do of course have a save file from my lenovo laptop that I would like to continue using. I have a difficult time understanding why that can cause issues, I even made sure to remove my mods folder to test if the problems was with that with my new computer.

The only thing I've done differently than other times is that the game is installed on my C-drive, while "my documents" are connected to the d-drive. Could this be causing the issue? I think that is a bit strange too, because I know about a lot of simmers that use this way as well. 

I find it hard to believe that I am having all those issues with my new computer as it is supposed to be way better than my other one. 

Any idea how to fix this? I hope there is something that I can do that lets me enjoy the Sims 4 with my save file. The game worked perfectly on the Lenovo computer, I had no issues at all with it so I was expecting this to go quick and easy without any issues. 

The PC is updated as well. 

Sorry for a bit of a messy message, I tried to think of all the possibilities that could cause the problem, but at this point I have no idea anymore.

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 - loading screen loads forever Empty Re: Sims 4 - loading screen loads forever

Post by Guest Sun 09 Jun 2019, 04:40

Update; I should have tried this before making this post. I went through all of my mods and CC and it was two files that caused this issue. No idea why this PC reacted to it and not the other one (as both were updated). The problem is solved, and I hope that anyone who comes across this problem might find this post. 
I am unsure why the two first times there was no reaction but a day later it refused to work, but that does not really matter.. I'm just super excited that I am able to finally play Sims 4 with ultra settings, and of course for being so thankful for getting to play this game for free.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top