Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't Install Manual Patch TS3_1.67.2.0240xx_update. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't Install Manual Patch TS3_1.67.2.0240xx_update. [SOLVED] Empty Can't Install Manual Patch TS3_1.67.2.0240xx_update. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 14 Jul 2019, 13:40

Hello! I recently downloaded the TS3 Complete Collection. I've finished install the base game and also copied/replaced the files from the Crack folder. When I tried to install the patch, it always ends up with the Insert Disk Error. Also, tried to run it as admin. I've also downloaded from the Manual Patch links several times but still with the same problem. So, I started installing the expansion packs that does not require the updating the patch.

Below is the prompted error:

Feature transfer error

File:
Error: Catastrophic Failure

When I click the retry, it prompts me to insert correct disc.

Please help  Why God. and thank you.

Back to top Go down

Can't Install Manual Patch TS3_1.67.2.0240xx_update. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't Install Manual Patch TS3_1.67.2.0240xx_update. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 14 Jul 2019, 18:14

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

Try this. Download and install "Your Un-installer Pro". For example from this site:
https://games4theworld.org/downloads/

Install the program, and run it. In the main window that eventually comes up you'll see a list of all installed programs, so look for "The Sims 3" (= that is your basegame essentially).

Double-click on the icon for "The Sims 3". Choose "Super Mode", and follow the on-screen instructions. If prompted to remove/uninstall certain files, choose "yes". When completely finished, re-boot the computer.

Now. Did you make sure to extract the contents of the download (it's a .rar archive file), with the program WinRAR? If not, then please delete your currently-extracted stuff. Then re-extract with WinRAR. The program can also be found on the site I linked to.

Once you re-extracted everything with WinRAR, run the base game setup again. And after which you try the manual patch once more.

Good luck for now, and feel free to keep us posted!

Red star from Carlos
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Can't Install Manual Patch TS3_1.67.2.0240xx_update. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't Install Manual Patch TS3_1.67.2.0240xx_update. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 14 Jul 2019, 18:29

I did use WinRAR. Will try your instructions.

On the other hand, I uninstalled/deleted the game then re-installed using my old downloaded base game then installed the Season with its update. Also, currently downloading the G4TW Repack with one installer which is 15GB only. Is this newer? If still no luck, will definitely try your instruction later on.

Will update my progress. Thanks again  Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 14 Jul 2019, 18:48

rainboweddreams wrote:I did use WinRAR. Will try your instructions.

On the other hand, I uninstalled/deleted the game then re-installed using my old downloaded base game then installed the Season with its update. Also, currently downloading the G4TW Repack with one installer which is 15GB only. Is this newer? If still no luck, will definitely try your instruction later on.

Will update my progress. Thanks again  Smile

That G4TW repack is essentially a suggestion from a former guest contributor (a close friend of the old Admin, but meanwhile banned), and it is an .iso file. It contains a compressed installer, therefore it is smaller than the official G4TW "Complete Collection".

But it is really the same material.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Jul 2019, 11:34

Oooh. I,see.

I re-downloaded the official Collection, did your instructions and followed on how to install TS3 correctly. Turned out great Can't touch banana . Thank you so much  cheers. Probably just needed to clear out the registry from the first (unsuccessful) installation.

Thanks again  Toast

Gatekeeper Edit: problem solved, topic closed. Feel free to get in touch with us again, anytime! Red star from Carlos

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top