Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to install another expansion after ive applied the crack,manual patch etc. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to install another expansion after ive applied the crack,manual patch etc. [SOLVED] Empty How to install another expansion after ive applied the crack,manual patch etc. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 17 Sep 2014, 14:54

Hi G4TW team,i have a question. If i where to install another expansion(i currently have ambitions,generations,late night,pets,seasons,showtime and university life) would i have to re-apply the manual patch, ultimate fix etc?

Thanks!  Smile

Back to top Go down

How to install another expansion after ive applied the crack,manual patch etc. [SOLVED] Empty Re: How to install another expansion after ive applied the crack,manual patch etc. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 17 Sep 2014, 15:15

Hello there! Very Happy

If your game is updated to 1.67, there's no need to apply the manual patch again. And usually re-applying the Ultimate Fix isn't necessary either. You just need to install the EP and you're good to go! 

But, if you get any problems, you should apply the Ultimate Fix again to be sure. But it's not always required. It's possible for the game to work without applying it again. 

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck! Smile

Back to top Go down

How to install another expansion after ive applied the crack,manual patch etc. [SOLVED] Empty Re: How to install another expansion after ive applied the crack,manual patch etc. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 17 Sep 2014, 17:31

RandomnessInABottle wrote:Hi G4TW team,i have a question. If i where to install another expansion(i currently have ambitions,generations,late night,pets,seasons,showtime and university life) would i have to re-apply the manual patch, ultimate fix etc?

Thanks!  Smile

Hello there,

I have a different opinion on that: it is known that re-applying the manual patch after installing an expansion can help prevent some installation glitches. So it wouldn't hurt to re-apply the patch.

What I would do is this: just install ALL available expansions/stuffpacks (if your computer can handle them), then at the end re-apply the manual patch and then the Ultimate fix too. And you don't have to do it again. Good luck ! Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Sep 2014, 04:40

Im downloading another expansion as i type this(Supernatural,i have the sudden urge to make a werewolf sim xD)

I'll let ya know how it goes.

EDIT: Game still works fine with no problems! Thanks a bunch you two! Very Happy

Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed. Feel free to get back to us, at any time, if you have more questions !

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top