Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stuff packs and game packs keeps disappearing and reappearing.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stuff packs and game packs keeps disappearing and reappearing. Empty Stuff packs and game packs keeps disappearing and reappearing.

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jul 2019, 23:34

I have the G4TW Sims 4 everything, from the EPs, the GPs, and SPs as well as the free update. I have noticed recently that sometimes some game packs or stuff packs are tagged as not installed. I would then exit the game and reload and find that everything is there again. I go to a lot, build something, everything is fine, so i exit. Then load the game again, with all the packs seemingly intact, only to go to the lot and have a popup say some items from one or more packs have been removed because i don't have those packs installed, when i do. Can anyone help me figure this out?

Back to top Go down

Stuff packs and game packs keeps disappearing and reappearing. Empty Re: Stuff packs and game packs keeps disappearing and reappearing.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 20 Jul 2019, 00:31

kayreen85 wrote:I have the G4TW Sims 4 everything, from the EPs, the GPs, and SPs as well as the free update. I have noticed recently that sometimes some game packs or stuff packs are tagged as not installed. I would then exit the game and reload and find that everything is there again. I go to a lot, build something, everything is fine, so i exit. Then load the game again, with all the packs seemingly intact, only to go to the lot and have a popup say some items from one or more packs have been removed because i don't have those packs installed, when i do. Can anyone help me figure this out?

Hello,

Are you sure you are completely logged out of Origin/ZLOrigin while playing that game? You can also check the taskmanager and terminate the process "origin.exe" manually, if you see it.

Other than that I'm afraid I don't have much else to say except blame Windows' file/folder permission system for these hiccups. Maybe this here can help you, if you want to give it a try:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t32557-the-hidden-super-administrator-account-under-windows-10
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Stuff packs and game packs keeps disappearing and reappearing. Empty Re: Stuff packs and game packs keeps disappearing and reappearing.

Post by Guest Sat 20 Jul 2019, 00:43

I never have Origins on my computer. Im pretty sure i installed the G4TW version and not the Origins version. I honestly only noticed this happening after Island Living. Never had this issue before

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 20 Jul 2019, 02:57

kayreen85 wrote:I never have Origins on my computer. Im pretty sure i installed the G4TW version and not the Origins version. I honestly only noticed this happening after Island Living. Never had this issue before

Well, I guess that is out of the way then!

Feel free to give this hidden Administrator-account a try, if you like. But we get these issues very frequently...not sure what's up with Windows. I've had the issue myself once, in the distant past. Since I use that hidden Windows account though, not anymore.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top