Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 wont let me play, sends me to world select

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 wont let me play, sends me to world select Empty Sims 4 wont let me play, sends me to world select

Post by Guest Sat 31 Aug 2019, 17:51

I've downloaded all the latest DLCs and read the instructions and when I open the game click on my household and press play it would loud then send me to world select to do it all over again.

this happened after I turned on script mods, ive deleted over 200 mods to try and clean up my mods folder. I did the whole process of elimination thing to try and see what is affecting my game, and the game will load correctly. but when I put all of my mods in I can't play my household. 

any suggestions?

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 wont let me play, sends me to world select Empty Re: Sims 4 wont let me play, sends me to world select

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 31 Aug 2019, 19:40

je.nise wrote:I've downloaded all the latest DLCs and read the instructions and when I open the game click on my household and press play it would loud then send me to world select to do it all over again.

this happened after I turned on script mods, ive deleted over 200 mods to try and clean up my mods folder. I did the whole process of elimination thing to try and see what is affecting my game, and the game will load correctly. but when I put all of my mods in I can't play my household. 

any suggestions?

Welcome to the G4TW Forums @je.nise,

Try going under the place where you installed the game, which is a folder named "The Sims 4". Inside of it, there is a subfolder "Game", please DELETE it. And then you download a fresh one here:

Code:
http://safelinking.net/efN4KkB

Extract with 7-zip and place that fresh "Game"-folder inside your "The Sims 4" folder. Then try the game again. Yess, aye lieeke!

P.S. this assumes you have installed all G4TW DLC so far, until "Moschino Stuff".
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 wont let me play, sends me to world select Empty Re: Sims 4 wont let me play, sends me to world select

Post by Guest Sat 31 Aug 2019, 22:42

But you just answered it yourself. You took the mods out and it worked fine, so it's a mod problem. Just test which one is causing it. Put half of your mods in, if they work fine, put them in "working" folder. If not, take half of them out, etc., etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Sep 2019, 03:49

anadius wrote:But you just answered it yourself. You took the mods out and it worked fine, so it's a mod problem. Just test which one is causing it. Put half of your mods in, if they work fine, put them in "working" folder. If not, take half of them out, etc., etc.
thank you so much but if you read the post you'd know I already did the process of elimination and it did not work!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 01 Sep 2019, 15:52

So I shall make a bold assumption, and conclude that (despite you not having said so), the trick with using a fresh "Game"-subfolder did not work for you either. Alright. So it's not mods, and it's not a fresh "Game"-subfolder either.

You could try going under Documents\Electronic Arts, and change the folder name of "The Sims 4", thereby starting with a clean slate. Start up The Sims 4 then. Make a new savefile, and play on a little. Does it let you load into households? If yes, then you know something is wrong with the original "The Sims 4"-folder.

At which point you can try and delete again the freshly-created "The Sims 4" folder, and restore the one that you renamed originally. From there try deleting the cache files, see here for example:
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/help/cachebackup.php

If that doesn't work, then you'll have to consider ditching your old savefiles, and try playing on from there.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top