Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finding a resource.cfg download

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Finding a resource.cfg download Empty Finding a resource.cfg download

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2019, 18:33

Searched for title via forums but couldn't find anything. My apologies if post is in the wrong section, did look beforehand and estimated this would be the better place to post.

Looking to add mods into The Sims 4 but need a download to a resource.cfg file. 

I've searched online, which you would think would be a for-sure way to find the file - but nope.
Does anyone know where I can find the resource.cfg file? Much appreciated.

Thanks,
greyarc

Back to top Go down

Finding a resource.cfg download Empty Re: Finding a resource.cfg download

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 17 Sep 2019, 19:10

greyarc wrote:Searched for title via forums but couldn't find anything. My apologies if post is in the wrong section, did look beforehand and estimated this would be the better place to post.

I've searched online, which you would think would be a for-sure way to find the file - but nope.

Thanks,
greyarc

Hello and welcome to the G4TW Forums @greyarc,

After you install the game and run it for the first time, there is a resource.cfg file under C:\Users\(your Windows name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods. It's a necessary component if you want to use mods or other custom-made content in the game.

Not sure if that is the resource.cfg you were asking for (I would not know if there's another for that matter), but feel free to elaborate either way. Good luck for now! Carlos is tha man
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Finding a resource.cfg download Empty Re: Finding a resource.cfg download

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2019, 21:03

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
greyarc wrote:Searched for title via forums but couldn't find anything. My apologies if post is in the wrong section, did look beforehand and estimated this would be the better place to post.

Thanks,
greyarc

Hello and welcome to the G4TW Forums @greyarc,

After you install the game and run it for the first time, there is a resource.cfg file under C:\Users\(your Windows name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods. It's a necessary component if you want to use mods or other custom-made content in the game.

Not sure if that is the resource.cfg you were asking for (I would not know if there's another for that matter), but feel free to elaborate either way. Good luck for now! Carlos is tha man

Hi, thanks for the reply. 

I've located the Mods folder in /Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4. Here, I've actually got The Sims 4 folder and then a folder next to it called Los Sims 4. Not sure why.

I took the Mods folder out of The Sims 4 and placed it in my other Sims 4 folder in /Program Files (x86). Didn't work, even though I start up the game using the folder under program files.

Ended up copy and pasting my mods into the folder under /Documents and it worked! Not sure if I understand how it works, but it works...

Appreciate the help.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top