Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Change username in the gallery (Michael_vx method)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Change username in the gallery (Michael_vx method) Empty Change username in the gallery (Michael_vx method)

Post by Guest Fri 27 Sep 2019, 23:22

Hi, this is my first post :-)

I tried to follow the direction of  Michael_vx on how to change the user name in the gallery of the cracked version of Sims4. (the thing that I had already tried by myself in the past without any result)
I just downloaded the upgrade to 1.55.108.1020 and the Moschino stuff (The_Sims_4_Deluxe_Edition_v1.55.108.1020__All_DLCs_selectable_MULTi17_anadius). the name in the gallery is CODEX as in the post of Michael_vx and as it was from the last upgrades I did.

I tried again to change the name in the Codex.cfg file, this time the name changes, but it caused some problems. I tried some things.

I changed the name in the file with my Origin username: CherryBlonde83 , it works, but it causes a problem in the lot panel, that made it impossible to save any old build or new build. Basically the lot value, the dimensions etc are all 999,999

Someone can help me or explain me if im doing something wrong?

thank you

//EDIT

CherryBlond83 wrote:I tried again to change the name in the Codex.cfg file, this time the name changes, but it caused some problems. I tried some things.

Its impossible to save the lot too

Back to top Go down

Change username in the gallery (Michael_vx method) Empty Re: Change username in the gallery (Michael_vx method)

Post by Guest Fri 27 Sep 2019, 23:34

Lot value/dimensions showing up as 999,999 is caused by bad/outdated mods/CC.

BTW, you won't be able to upload those items to the gallery. You changed the name but there are also two numerical IDs you'd have to set to your legit ones. And then you still can't upload items created with DLCs you don't own.

So I recommend only sharing what you make in legit game. But it's up to you.

Back to top Go down

Change username in the gallery (Michael_vx method) Empty Re: Change username in the gallery (Michael_vx method)

Post by Guest Sat 28 Sep 2019, 00:13

Hi,
i saw those numbers and i thought to find the numbers of my account but i cant find them. Now i try to disable the mods, maybe its that

//EDIT

anadius wrote:BTW, you won't be able to upload those items to the gallery. You changed the name but there are also two numerical IDs you'd have to set to your legit ones. And then you still can't upload items created with DLCs you don't own.

So I recommend only sharing what you make in legit game. But it's up to you.

I have the original The sims 4 and a couple of expansions, but not all the ones i used to created the lots in topic. I see the CODEX's lots (created by me with the cracked version) and i can download the lots with the gallery of the legit game even without those dlcs, are you sure i can't upload them'''

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 28 Sep 2019, 00:18

CherryBlond83 wrote:
(...) and i can download the lots with the gallery of the legit game even without those dlcs, are you sure i can't upload them'''

Yes, we are sure you cannot upload those items to the Gallery.

Btw welcome to the G4TW Forums @CherryBlond83!

Happy B-day!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Sep 2019, 00:32

I just checked  WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The original game sees me as a different account even with the same name.
I disabled the mods and the problem with the value of the lot is no longer there. (till  changed the name wasn't a problem)

The fact i can't upload with the original game's gallery has to do with the id numbers etc in the codex's file?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 28 Sep 2019, 00:36

CherryBlond83 wrote:The fact i can't upload with the original game's gallery has to do with the id numbers etc in the codex's file?

Maybe they changed something in the game, but last time I checked (I admit, that was some time ago already, because I don't actively play Sims 4 anymore)...but anyways. Last time I checked it was so, that when you created stuff from the cracked Sims 4, and you tried uploading to the Gallery, items from DLCs will be removed by the Origin game.

So in the end, the uploaded item will only have the stuff that you actually own, in Origin.

Maybe now they have changed it, that you cannot upload, at all? I don't know. Wat.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Sep 2019, 04:19

if I could post it would be easier  Oh my...

So... 
I have The Sims 4 with a couple of DLCs (legit) on C: and The Sims 4 with all the DLCs on D: but both shares the same Saves/tray etc in the Documents.

I can see the same lots, family and rooms i created in the non-legit game in the legit one gallery, but obviously i cant place the lots made with the DLCs i didn't own in the legit game without losing objects ( Haters gonna hate )

The problem, in reality, is when i open the gallery in the legit game, while online, its that even the name/user appear the same (exactly the same) looks like the legit game gallery sees it as a different account who made them (pretty strange) so i can't see the upload button on the left corner, crazy, as i see in the cracked game gallery (but there obviously im not online)
(with the original game) i can download also the lots made by other users with dlcs i didn't buy, only with the warning message, but placing them on the other game... no problem. 

this thing is driving me crazy  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd IAmSoHappyEmergahwd IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Sep 2019, 11:29

Yup. Those IDs are important. The game sees those items as created by someone else because IDs don't match.

And it just works that way. You can download items created with DLCs you don't own and nothing is missing (until you place them in your legit game) - with exception of pets; if you don't own Cats & Dogs pets will be removed from downloaded households.

As I already said, don't try uploading items made with DLCs you don't own unless you want to risk getting banned.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 28 Sep 2019, 18:59

CherryBlond83 wrote:this thing is driving me crazy  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd IAmSoHappyEmergahwd IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

You're probably not going to like my tone, but to keep everybody honest, I need to ask: what exactly is the reason you absolutely want to use a (cracked) Sims 4 game, to upload creations, to the Gallery?

Of course, that is a rhetorical question. Your answer is probably going to be something like "well, I want to be part of the official Sims 4 community, and I want to get involved in things".

Unfortunately, this part of "getting involved" in The Sims 4 community is locked behind expensive paywalls, and reserved for people who own (many) Sims 4 DLCs on Origin. And even if you just want to play the cracked Sims 4 and then discuss topics with legit owners, you should be careful not to mention anything that could be interpreted as you having a cracked game. It's a very hostile environment, these days.

Hypothetical commenter wrote:But!1111 Can't we at least ask about it here? After all, we're still allowed to dream, aren't we???!!!!11111

Of course you are allowed to ask about it here. And of course nobody can take away your dreams. I never said or implied anything else. But the end results still remain: with cracked games, it's usually not possible to get involved in anything that is about online features. I still remember the tons of people asking on here "when will a crack for [insert multiplayer shooter] come out". The answer is that usually, you cannot crack multiplayer games or features.

And then again, I myself am not exactly an overly sentimental person. It's more accurate to compare me to a bull in a china shop (I had to look up that phrase, because it's different in English than in my own language).

Haters gonna hate
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top