Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 not updating. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 not updating. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 4 not updating. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 30 Sep 2019, 20:34

recently i had the all in one install from sim architect .when moschino stuff came out i downloaded it from here and not from sims architect because its a bigger file and it takes longer while using my vpn.I tried to update the game like before and it isnt doing anything.I copy and paste ,also i deleted my game folder as well .still not showing when i started the game.Would i have to download the moschino all in one from sims archietect or can i use it the file i already have downloaded from here.

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 not updating. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 4 not updating. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 30 Sep 2019, 20:40

Aaliyah wrote:recently i had the all in one install from sim architect .when moschino stuff came out i downloaded it from here and not from sims architect because its a bigger file and it takes longer while using my vpn.I tried to update the game like before and it isnt doing anything.I copy and paste ,also i deleted my game folder as well .still not showing when i started the game.Would i have to download the moschino all in one from sims archietect or can i use it the file i already have downloaded from here.

Are you able to play the game fine, otherwise? Are you sure you ONLY deleted the subfolder "Game", before applying the update? Sometimes people misunderstand the instructions and delete everything, which is incorrect (to put it nicely).

In case of doubt, also try using anadius' file validation tool, and unmark the box where it says "quick scan".
https://ts4installer.tumblr.com/validator

By the way, you must have a Sims 4 game on patch version 1.52 (Island Living) or 1.53 ("MEGA update"), before you can apply G4TW's Moschino Stuff. Are you positive that the version of the all-in-one that you downloaded, fits the criteria?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Sep 2019, 20:47

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Aaliyah wrote:recently i had the all in one install from sim architect .when moschino stuff came out i downloaded it from here and not from sims architect because its a bigger file and it takes longer while using my vpn.I tried to update the game like before and it isnt doing anything.I copy and paste ,also i deleted my game folder as well .still not showing when i started the game.Would i have to download the moschino all in one from sims archietect or can i use it the file i already have downloaded from here.

Are you able to play the game fine, otherwise? Are you sure you ONLY deleted the subfolder "Game", before applying the update? Sometimes people misunderstand the instructions and delete everything, which is incorrect (to put it nicely).

In case of doubt, also try using anadius' file validation tool, and unmark the box where it says "quick scan".
https://ts4installer.tumblr.com/validator

By the way, you must have a Sims 4 game on patch version 1.52 (Island Living) or 1.53 ("MEGA update"), before you can apply G4TW's Moschino Stuff. Are you positive that the version of the all-in-one that you downloaded, fits the criteria?
I can play the game just fine but it doesnt show up.im unsure if i have the mega update or not.i thought the moschino one came witht he mega update unless i read that part wrong.let me use the scan to see

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 30 Sep 2019, 20:51

Aaliyah wrote:
I can play the game just fine but it doesnt show up.im unsure if i have the mega update or not.i thought the moschino one came witht he mega update unless i read that part wrong.let me use the scan to see

You can also have just Island Living (1.52.100.1020), and apply the G4TW's Moschino Stuff just fine. And yes, the Moschino pack already contains the "MEGA-update" as well.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Sep 2019, 20:53

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Aaliyah wrote:

You can also have just Island Living (1.52.100.1020), and apply the G4TW's Moschino Stuff just fine. And yes, the Moschino pack already contains the "MEGA-update" as well.
thats what i have currently is island living with the 1.52.100.1020. i will go back and redo the steps maybe i did it wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 30 Sep 2019, 20:56

Aaliyah wrote:
thats what i have currently is island living with the 1.52.100.1020. i will go back and redo the steps maybe i did it wrong

Don't forget to also use the validator link, in case of doubt.

If you applied the Moschino-pack on top of Sim Architect's (Island Living) all-in-one, I'm not sure what kind of error source there could be. Copy-pasting should be straight-forward. But then, we seem to have these issues frequently, where people have working games, and when they apply some new patch something suddenly changes with their existing files.

I'll just leave this here, although you should know this is an unrthodox (and not necessarily optimal) solution to these copy-paste/file-permission problems:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t32557-the-hidden-super-administrator-account-under-windows-10
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Sep 2019, 21:12

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Aaliyah wrote:

Don't forget to also use the validator link, in case of doubt.

If you applied the Moschino-pack on top of Sim Architect's (Island Living) all-in-one, I'm not sure what kind of error source there could be. Copy-pasting should be straight-forward. But then, we seem to have these issues frequently, where people have working games, and when they apply some new patch something suddenly changes with their existing files.

I'll just leave this here, although you should know this is an unrthodox (and not necessarily optimal) solution to these copy-paste/file-permission problems:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t32557-the-hidden-super-administrator-account-under-windows-10

i know what i did wrong.it was the game folder and some stuff didnt move over when it was supposed to.it is showing up now .thnak you so much

[not]Problem solved, topic closed. Carlos is tha man 

- The_gh0stm4n[/not]

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top