Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 Discover University Errors

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 Discover University Errors Empty Sims 4 Discover University Errors

Post by Guest Thu 28 Nov 2019, 00:57

Hi, I've been getting my sims 4 dlc's from here ever since they've been coming out and for some reason when downloading discover university I have a glitch to where on the menu screen the thumbnail for discover university does not show up, and neither does the one for the world. When I open the new world the thumbnails for the buildings don't show up either. It shows up as a grey llama. And when I try to order drinks at a bar or buy something from a stand in game the menu either shows up with a white blank box or it shows up as a purple reddish circle and a green line around the screen. And even without CC it does this so idk what to do, please help..

[not]Moved to the right section. Carlos is tha man 

- The_gh0stm4n[/not]

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Discover University Errors Empty Re: Sims 4 Discover University Errors

Post by Guest Fri 29 Nov 2019, 04:28

Most of the fixes tell you to delete the Game folder and copy/paste it back in afterward, except for the latest patch: the one for DU. Is it possible you deleted the Game folder this time in error?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Nov 2019, 01:01

I usually extract the new update folder and then i put it onto my sims 4 folder then when the prompt asks me if i want to replace all files i say yes. Is that not what i’m supposed to do for the updates?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Nov 2019, 02:03

I have the same issue. I always come here to update sims and I always override the game folder and/or just delete it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Nov 2019, 02:28

taylorboat wrote:I usually extract the new update folder and then i put it onto my sims 4 folder then when the prompt asks me if i want to replace all files i say yes. Is that not what i’m supposed to do for the updates?

I'm not as knowledgeable in how these cracks work as other folks in these forums, so I'm sorry! I must've read instructions to a different thing and now I'm just as confused as you are, because I'm seeing it does say to delete the Game folder. Perhaps something went wonky in the process?
I'd try deleting the Game folder and replacing it with the one from the DU update again. Hopefully by the time you've tried that someone else will come to the rescue in case it doesn't work.
To my knowledge, most (if not all) of the icons are in the Game folder, which is why I made that suggestion.

//EDIT

itchystitchies wrote:
taylorboat wrote:I usually extract the new update folder and then i put it onto my sims 4 folder then when the prompt asks me if i want to replace all files i say yes. Is that not what i’m supposed to do for the updates?

I'm not as knowledgeable in how these cracks work as other folks in these forums, so I'm sorry! I must've read instructions to a different thing and now I'm just as confused as you are, because I'm seeing it does say to delete the Game folder. Perhaps something went wonky in the process?
I'd try deleting the Game folder and replacing it with the one from the DU update again. Hopefully by the time you've tried that someone else will come to the rescue in case it doesn't work.
To my knowledge, most (if not all) of the icons are in the Game folder, which is why I made that suggestion.

Erm, maybe rename it or move it to your desktop instead of deleting it right away. Just in case.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Nov 2019, 12:57

I'm just uninstalling and reinstalling it all again and hoping for the best. It's odd that this is the first time I've ever had a problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Nov 2019, 16:16

smhsam wrote:I'm just uninstalling and reinstalling it all again and hoping for the best. It's odd that this is the first time I've ever had a problem.

I hope that works, keep us posted!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top