Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Error Code after installing Discover University (Sims 4)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Error Code after installing Discover University (Sims 4) Empty Error Code after installing Discover University (Sims 4)

Post by Guest Thu 21 Nov 2019, 01:04

Guys, please help! Why God. Why God. Why God.
I have installed the new pack for Discover University, but after unzipping the files and installing the contents, once I want to play the game in manage worlds (not on create a sim), this message appears and I'm unable to play whatsoever:

The game failed to load. Error Code: 123:9d5dOe8f:df013302. It is recommended that you relaunch the game.

What do I do?? Why God.
PS: I have CC and a bunch of mods...

Back to top Go down

Error Code after installing Discover University (Sims 4) Empty Re: Error Code after installing Discover University (Sims 4)

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 21 Nov 2019, 01:11

greenalaskas wrote:Guys, please help! Why God. Why God. Why God.
I have installed the new pack for Discover University, but after unzipping the files and installing the contents, once I want to play the game in manage worlds (not on create a sim), this message appears and I'm unable to play whatsoever:

The game failed to load. Error Code: 123:9d5dOe8f:df013302. It is recommended that you relaunch the game.

What do I do?? Why God.
PS: I have CC and a bunch of mods...

Hello and welcome to the G4TW Forums @greenalaskas,

Uh oh, that does not sound good. But first of all, you need to know that with the Discover University DLC, EA changed quite a few things in terms of the game's "basis". See the article here for example:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t35617-sims-4-university-crashes-with-cc-work-around

It will be painful (especially if you have lots of mods and custom content), but you'll have to get rid of them. Look at the article I linked to before. Search on the internet for the tool "Sims 4 Studio" and try using that batch fix, to correct some of your CC. Script mods need to go out completely, no exception, and they need to be replaced with newer versions. If you can't find newer versions, then the old mod still needs to go.

It's a bit like house cleaning. Nobody likes doing it, but from time to time you just need to. So filtering out your CC would be the first thing to try, to solve this problem.

Good luck for now, and do keep us posted! Red star from Carlos
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Error Code after installing Discover University (Sims 4) Empty Re: Error Code after installing Discover University (Sims 4)

Post by Guest Thu 21 Nov 2019, 01:24

how can I find my broken cc? I've installed the sims 4 Studio now but I haven't found any instructions

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 21 Nov 2019, 01:37

greenalaskas wrote:how can I find my broken cc? I've installed the sims 4 Studio now but I haven't found any instructions

I can tag @grieralexander, maybe he can give you more insight about Sims 4 Studio. But it's a complex program, ... WhatDidUJustCallMe?

As for filtering mods, you will have to remove them manually. So...remove every piece of CC and script mod, and just see if the game runs. If the game works, then you know the problem is likely with your CC/mods.

There is no other way of filtering out broken mods, I'm sorry. There are these "mod conflict detector" programs, but I advise not to trust them. You will have to insert new CC and mods in small batches. Test the game, see if it works, and if it does insert the next batch of CC into your game. You get the idea I think.

It's painful for sure, but this is the issue with these mods and CC: you have to invest a lot of time and effort into maintaining them when new DLC and updates are released.

Maybe grieralexander knows some better tips (I myself don't really play The Sims 4 anymore these days) and can share them here.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Nov 2019, 02:29

OK so I decided to disallow CC and mods inside the game options, then I cleaned my mods folder and tried AGAIN to replace the game folder, deleting the previous one...it still won't work... when I press a household to play, the image of the families are like all white and blinking blue, the sims won't even show up in the households. If I press play inside the village of university, nothing happens...  Why God. Why God. Why God.

i'm really sad, I wanted to play uni for SO LONG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Nov 2019, 02:34

Oh and Btw I was also running the 64 bit version everyone recommended to use when playing with the university pack installed

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 21 Nov 2019, 14:20

greenalaskas wrote:Oh and Btw I was also running the 64 bit version everyone recommended to use when playing with the university pack installed

There is no (working) 32-bit .exe anyways, in that University repack. Have you also tried removing your "saves"-folder temporarily, from Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4? Then start a fresh savefile for now, and see how it goes from there.

Red star from Carlos
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Thu 21 Nov 2019, 15:24

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
greenalaskas wrote:how can I find my broken cc? I've installed the sims 4 Studio now but I haven't found any instructions

I can tag @grieralexander, maybe he can give you more insight about Sims 4 Studio. But it's a complex program, ... WhatDidUJustCallMe?

As for filtering mods, you will have to remove them manually. So...remove every piece of CC and script mod, and just see if the game runs. If the game works, then you know the problem is likely with your CC/mods.

There is no other way of filtering out broken mods, I'm sorry. There are these "mod conflict detector" programs, but I advise not to trust them. You will have to insert new CC and mods in small batches. Test the game, see if it works, and if it does insert the next batch of CC into your game. You get the idea I think.

It's painful for sure, but this is the issue with these mods and CC: you have to invest a lot of time and effort into maintaining them when new DLC and updates are released.

Maybe grieralexander knows some better tips (I myself don't really play The Sims 4 anymore these days) and can share them here.
OK, there is a problem with CC since EA changed the max bone assignment. It would take you a very long time to find CC with over 195 bone assignments, so you will need to use Sims 4 Studio, which is the only tool up to this point which has made this cheat available.
If you can’t get your game to load because it keeps crashing - use the new S4S cheat to find and remove the culprits! S4S > Ctrl Shift C to bring up cheat console > type in Slot195 > navigate to your mods folder > remove ALL the items it brings up. You’ll have to do it manually so I recommend copying and pasting the file names and searching for them in your mod folder. It took me an hour (I had over 150 files). Good job!
grieralexander
grieralexander
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Nov 2019, 00:15

I just did what you told me to do. I don’t rly know what’s wrong with my game, for me it’s just odd, I mean I have installed all the packs correctly, but the last one won’t let me get inside a household, it’s getting me so annoyed ..

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Thu 28 Nov 2019, 17:03

greenalaskas wrote:I just did what you told me to do. I don’t rly know what’s wrong with my game, for me it’s just odd, I mean I have installed all the packs correctly, but the last one won’t let me get inside a household, it’s getting me so annoyed ..
OK, let us take a different approach. I will assume you have downloaded and installed the latest update which is the new patch after University came out and messed everything. Let us start by removing the My documents/ElectronicArts/Sims4 folder to your desktop or where ever you want, rename it as a backup. Now start your game and see if is giving you the same problem. Remember a fresh new game, no saves or anything that would be in the My documents/ElectronicArts/Sims4 folder. If is not giving you any problems it is CC related, so we need to search for the culprit. If it does give you a problems, even with the Vanilla game, then I will suggest to do a repair, which is basically to reinstall the last patch 1.58.69.1010 again on top of what you have, remember do delete the game folder or place it on the desktop, since you will substitute it with the latest version. Now try again a Vanilla game (no mods or CC), if it works fine, It is time to reintroduce your CC in bunches, after introducing X number of items, clear your caches and test again. If it works, keep on adding until it gives you the problem, when it does, we have narrowed down in which batch the bugged CC is at. Remember to always clear the caches before every test. Try this and let us know I tip my fedora.
grieralexander
grieralexander
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top