Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

7 zip data errors when extracting discover university

View previous topic View next topic Go down

7 zip data errors when extracting discover university Empty 7 zip data errors when extracting discover university

Post by Guest Sat 07 Mar 2020, 22:26

Okay so, ive downloaded discover university as a magnet link and NO this isnt the first time ive done it .. i did all steps just like i usually do when i download any expansion pack from here.  
i have tried literally EVERYTHING .... whenever im extracting/ copying and pasting i keep getting the same error . it extracts a couple of folders and then i get this: dataerror: data/client/clientdatabuild0.package and some other errors quite the same... ive tried turning off windows defender ive tried adding it to the exclusion files i have alllll available dlcs and my game works just fine. Please can someone tell me what to do? Thank you!
m

Back to top Go down

7 zip data errors when extracting discover university Empty Re: 7 zip data errors when extracting discover university

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 07 Mar 2020, 22:50

zennash wrote:Okay so, ive downloaded discover university as a magnet link and NO this isnt the first time ive done it .. i did all steps just like i usually do when i download any expansion pack from here.  
i have tried literally EVERYTHING .... whenever im extracting/ copying and pasting i keep getting the same error . it extracts a couple of folders and then i get this: dataerror: data/client/clientdatabuild0.package and some other errors quite the same... ive tried turning off windows defender ive tried adding it to the exclusion files i have alllll available dlcs and my game works just fine. Please can someone tell me what to do? Thank you!
m

Hello @zennash and sorry to hear about your woes,

Have you already tried doing a "Force Re-check" on your current torrent client?

That aside, are you already using one of the recommended torrent client programs? Such as qBittorrent, Tixati, Deluge, Transmission, etc. If not, please give one of these a try. I myself use qBittorrent. Some people are speculating that ISPs and/or even some VPN providers are tampering with these downloads, though I would still say that is a conspiracy theory. Torrents in general work for almost all people. Though there are imperfections with the technology, just as with any download type. And when problems arise from these "imperfections", people are understandably frustrated. Of course that doesn't help your case, but I don't think there's any conspiracy. If you already downloaded stuff from G4TW in the past, then you know what to expect.

Although it sounds cheesy, I can offer another idea. Take the magnet link, and if at all possible, try re-torrenting this thing from a different computer.

If you really cannot make it work at that point, there is an alternative avenue, in the form of the new system here. I'll refrain from giving more detailed instructions here, as there is already a text guide and even a video walkthrough. Plus direct download options if you want to give them a try:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t35810-the-sims-4-all-in-one-global-patch-selectable-dlcs-version-1-61-15-1020-tiny-living-stuff

I hope you don't have to resort to grabbing the new format. But at that point I'm afraid I cannot suggest anything else.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top