Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 Immediately Not Responding After Installing Discover University

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 Immediately Not Responding After Installing Discover University Empty Sims 4 Immediately Not Responding After Installing Discover University

Post by Guest Sun 24 Nov 2019, 09:32

Hello, i've been using the G4TW version of Sims 4 from the base game until the latest Sims 4 Realm of Magic patch and all of them worked wonderfully.

I've always follow the installation intruction of each packs and i did the same for installing the Discover University.

I download the pack using uTorrent and during the download there was no problem/error/warning (I'm from Indonesia).

Then i follow the installation instructions :
1. I extract the Discover University pack using 7.zip
2. I rename the "Game" file (in my installation directory which is on Drive:D) into "Game_"
3. I copy all the file inside the Discover University pack into my installation directory (merge and replace)
4. I open the Bin file (not Bin_LE), and clicked on TS4_x64 file

However immediately after double clicking it, i receive the "Sims 4 has stopped working" error which immediately prompt me to close down the program. 

I tried removing my mods and it still doesn't work.

On my first try, after a while (around 10 minutes or so) there's a sudden error pops out in my pc that tells me to download the legacy edition from origin.

I've been running Sims 4 in my laptop for years now (my laptop is 64-bit), and this is the first time i stumped upon a problem haha  Oh my...

I am aware that there's seems to be restriction on the torrent and wonder if this could be the cause. Should i try to download the packs from Google Drive instead ? And if i do, now that i've installed the Discover University from torrent, how should i reapply the Discover University from Google Drive, do i need to do a complete reinstall of all the former packs ? 

I'm sorry if my question/problem is confusing, english is not my first language so i get kinda confused while browsing through the forum. Thank you for any help you can provide  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Immediately Not Responding After Installing Discover University Empty Re: Sims 4 Immediately Not Responding After Installing Discover University

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 24 Nov 2019, 13:40

Hello and welcome to the G4TW Forums @ChrisatoHime,

The next thing you should try, if you haven't done so already, is to rename your "The Sims 4" folder, under Documents\Electronic Arts.

This will temporarily remove your saves, caches, and whatnot. Then try the game again.

Feel free to try the GoogleDrive download too, but I don't think it will make a difference. But if you feel something is wrong with the download, and you still have the torrent running in your client, look for an option that says "Force Re-Check". This will try and repair your torrent, kind of, if there are problems.

Good luck for now! Red star from Carlos
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Immediately Not Responding After Installing Discover University Empty Re: Sims 4 Immediately Not Responding After Installing Discover University

Post by Guest Tue 26 Nov 2019, 09:03

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Hello and welcome to the G4TW Forums @ChrisatoHime,

The next thing you should try, if you haven't done so already, is to rename your "The Sims 4" folder, under Documents\Electronic Arts.

This will temporarily remove your saves, caches, and whatnot. Then try the game again.

Feel free to try the GoogleDrive download too, but I don't think it will make a difference. But if you feel something is wrong with the download, and you still have the torrent running in your client, look for an option that says "Force Re-Check". This will try and repair your torrent, kind of, if there are problems.

Good luck for now! Red star from Carlos
Thank you for the fast response ! 

I already tried to rename my "The Sims 4" folder, but sadly it still doesn't fix my problem.

From what i notice, the game does not even start yet as it immediately gives me "The Sims 4 has stopped working" error upon running the TS4_x64 file in my installation directory.

Also i checked my Documents/Electronic Arts folder and found that no new "The Sims 4" folder is being made after trying to run the TS4_x64 file. Additionally there's a folder called "The Sims 4 Legacy Edition" in my Document/Electronic Arts folder, i'm wondering if this folder supposed to appear after applying the recent Sims Discover University packs ?
I'll try to reinstall for now, and will get back to you soon. Thank you once again for the response.  Carlos is tha man!!! Cookie from Carlos

//EDIT

Hello, it took days for me to finish redownloading all the missing packs for reinstall lol.

I've reinstalled everything up until Realm of Magic and immediately made a separate back up for The Sims 4 file.

Now i applied both University and the latest patch fix but sadly the same problem still persist (receiving a "The Sims 4 has stopped working" notificiation immediately after running TS4_x64 file). I wonder if the problem exist because my windows driver has not been updated to the latest edition ?

Oh and im using Windows 7 (lol) so i'm wondering if this could also be the reason ?

Thank you again for any assistance Oh my...

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 04 Dec 2019, 03:49

Have you tried using the "DEP fix", from the guide here?
https://www.games4theworld.club/t21728-the-sims-4-crashes-freezes-lags-causes-shutdowns-possible-fixes

Have you also downloaded and installed all available Windows updates? I don't think Windows 7 is to blame, but maybe someone else has a better opinion.

We'll have to leave it at that, because I can't say much else right now. We are maybe working on something that can help with troubleshooting these issues, but until then, we will have to wait for another Sims 4 patch, because apparently there are tons of problems with the University DLC. Also for legit game owners.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top