Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If my Sims 4 doesn't open with Origin, can I just delete Origin ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

If my Sims 4 doesn't open with Origin, can I just delete Origin ? Empty If my Sims 4 doesn't open with Origin, can I just delete Origin ?

Post by Guest Wed 04 Dec 2019, 21:06

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm really new to Sims 4. I stopped after 2.

I don't need Origin for anything else, I only installed it because I thought I needed it for the game.

I downloaded all of the G4TW Sims games/packs/stuff/etc. & I noticed it doesn't open in Origin, it just opens by itself.

If I don't need it, I'd rather just delete it from my computer, but I don't want to mess anything up either.

Back to top Go down

If my Sims 4 doesn't open with Origin, can I just delete Origin ? Empty Re: If my Sims 4 doesn't open with Origin, can I just delete Origin ?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 04 Dec 2019, 22:03

mamawolfalberico wrote:Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm really new to Sims 4. I stopped after 2.

I don't need Origin for anything else, I only installed it because I thought I needed it for the game.

I downloaded all of the G4TW Sims games/packs/stuff/etc. & I noticed it doesn't open in Origin, it just opens by itself.

If I don't need it, I'd rather just delete it from my computer, but I don't want to mess anything up either.

Hello and welcome to the G4TW Forums @mamawolfalberico,

You can try is to double-check your antivirus and Windows Defender exclusions. For Windows Defender, see this here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t32067-two-ways-of-disabling-windows-defender-under-windows-10

If you have any other antivirus software beyond that, you need to try doing research on your own and/or play around with the settings yourself to see how to properly configure exclusions.

After you have confirmed your exclusions are OK, re-extract the "Game"-subfolder from whatever your latest Sims 4 update is, that you download. Then copy-paste over your existing Game-subfolder (inside your The Sims 4 installation path). See if your game starts up again.

The reason starts for you doesn't actually have anything to do with whether you have Origin or not. The cracked Sims 4 uses an Origin emulator, and these files are erroneously - or deliberately - picked up by antivirus software as malicious. It's just the way antivirus programs behave: they purge harmless stuff. But when it comes to real viruses, they usually don't help. I have Origin myself and a couple of legal games there, and I can run the cracked Sims just fine. Either way, that is an explanation.

Good luck and keep us posted if you like!

Red star from Carlos
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

If my Sims 4 doesn't open with Origin, can I just delete Origin ? Empty Re: If my Sims 4 doesn't open with Origin, can I just delete Origin ?

Post by Guest Wed 04 Dec 2019, 22:50

So can I just delete Origin then ?
The games run just fine, I just thought I needed Origin.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 04 Dec 2019, 22:59

mamawolfalberico wrote:So can I just delete Origin then ?
The games run just fine, I just thought I needed Origin.

You don't need Origin at all, so yes, feel free to un-install it.

P.S. The Sims 4 never needed Origin to run, except the very first crack that came out way back in 2014, from the group 3DM. But they stopped doing The Sims 4, and RELOADED took over, so no Origin was needed anymore from that point.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top