Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 discover university, installing new wrapper with anadius fix

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 discover university, installing new wrapper with anadius fix  Empty Sims 4 discover university, installing new wrapper with anadius fix

Post by Guest Sun 15 Dec 2019, 12:44

Hey, 

I've just seen the post about the fix for sims 4 discover university, I've downloaded the new wrapper as well as the fix, however when I and transfer over the files into the new wrapper (I'm using sim architects all in one btw) and try to open wineskin to set the windows exe this error message pops up ' error while writing file: the folder exec236561696.bat doesn't exist.'

Just wondering if anyone could help? 

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 discover university, installing new wrapper with anadius fix  Empty Re: Sims 4 discover university, installing new wrapper with anadius fix

Post by Guest Mon 16 Dec 2019, 18:55

I believe that's gatekeeper blocking you from running the app. You need to change gatekeeper settings to ALWAYS allow unidentified apps.

Also, what OS are you on?

ps: maybe one of the solutions posted here will help you, since some people have the same error: https://www.games4theworld.club/t34411p25-sims-4-not-working-after-get-famous-update#

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 discover university, installing new wrapper with anadius fix  Empty Re: Sims 4 discover university, installing new wrapper with anadius fix

Post by Guest Mon 16 Dec 2019, 23:32

Hey, 

Yeah it was my gatekeeper! 

Thanks for the help, my game is running great now!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Dec 2019, 16:02

Glad it's working!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Jan 2020, 05:43

ive got the same problem, gatekeeper has been disabled but the weird thing is, it could run when i put the wrapper on my desktop, but then it stuck on busy window when i move it to my external drive. currently i need to play the sims 4 from the external hard drive due to insufficient storage on my internal drive. is there any solution for that too ? thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Feb 2020, 18:50

I don't know your setup, so it's hard to say why that's happening.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Feb 2020, 14:35

Hi there,

After Realm of Magic, I skipped the LE and downloaded University because my Mac supports metal. I wasn't able to open the game, so I went ahead and downloaded Tiny Living, and the following patch 1-61-15-1020. After that I applied Anadius' patch, then moved my Sims 4 folder from my old wrapper to User09's new wrapper (thank you for that!). It's currently located in the new wrapper's drive-c > Program Files (x86) > The Sims 4

I'm operating on High Sierra and my gatekeeper is disabled. However, when I try to open the game I get tons of error codes such as this:

"Error while moving file: You can't save the file dosdevices" because the volume D60ACADF-8E92-49DC-AE17-61AC7B76EA86" is read only."

What might cause the issue? Did I missed a step or should I configure my screen settings somehow? Any help is very much appreciated! Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Feb 2020, 15:11

Maybe this is about having different wrapper versions and engines, what would you say @User09 ?

You can see in this screenshot, the one above was my old wrapper's engine, and the one behind is your new wrapper: https://imgur.com/a/w5eqMDN

How can I download this new engine?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Mar 2020, 09:59

Update on my last progress: I went ahead and downloaded the Unofficial Wineskin Winery, and deleted the older app. I don't know why but each time I try to open config. utility on User09's wrapper, Wineskin always crashes. So I created a new wrapper using the Unofficial app. User09's engine is WS9Wine64Bit4.3 and the app offers either WS9Wine64Bit4.3-2 or WS9Wine64Bit4.4. I tried each one of them, setting up all the screen options and downloading vcruns on the new wrapper I created, applying Anadius' patch, and now I don't get the "error while moving file" error, but instead "Unable to start required data is missing or damaged" error. I renamed the Sims 4 folder in documents and deleted the caches, but the game doesn't even create a new Sims 4 folder.

I feel like I'm running out options here or really missing out on a very obvious solution. Does anybody face the same issue? Any recommendations?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Mar 2020, 22:18

Are you on Catalina? If yes, the reason is that wine being a 32bit app won't run on Mac's newest OS (64bit only).

You need Crossover latest version and try to make it work from there: create bottle, install game in correct folder, etc.

Good luck.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Mar 2020, 22:57

Just read you're on High Sierra. It seems your game is borked since University? If that's the case you're most likely missing game files. The best way to know if that's the case is using Anadius installer/updater to check files integrity and see if you have everything, and go from there.

Wine wrapper its a straight forward process that's pretty hard to mess during install, and you even created your own wrapper, so my first bet is missing/borked game files.

Also, are you moving Anadius fix contents inside the Bin folder, or just dropping the new Bin folder inside Game and letting it replace the old one?

Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Mar 2020, 15:22

Latest update: Before applying the new patch and the wrapper I had backed up all the files, so it took me some time but I went back to start from scratch and applied everything as I go. Now it works without a problem. In any case, I would have to download the unofficial Wineskin app and delete the old one. I ran the game twice since not all the packs showed up. User09 mentions this in several posts that it's normal. Good luck to everyone who is experiencing the same issue, and many thanks to @User09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top