Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TSM & TSP&N Issues & Troubleshooting

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TSM & TSP&N Issues & Troubleshooting Empty TSM & TSP&N Issues & Troubleshooting

Post by Guest Mon 13 Jan 2020, 20:49

Hello Everyone (I'm New here!) *waves eagerly*  Talk to my rite hand

Anyways...I am experiencing some issues & I need some help.  Help

I thought I considered myself a pretty well-versed "computer-savvy", computer nerd...But here I am throwing myself back into the torrenting-community & life...& I've got to say. I feel stupid. How I managed to successfully torrent files/games/music/movies/etc. throughout my Middle School & High School years effortlessly is still a HUGE question on my brain. Ah well. It's like they say. "You don't use it, you lose it!" THAT & with technology & computers.... Times are changing & updating for the better -- almost every 5 minuets. 
Noob
Sorry for rambling. *facepalm*  Facepalm   Back to my problem...I thought upon reading all of the instructions, that I did it right. But after a couple hours... I'm at a loss for words on how to fix it.

*(I want to mention ahead of time that I will be providing AS MUCH INFO/DETAIL AS POSSIBLE!! Sorry if it's annoying or unneeded.)* Haters gonna hate

First & foremost I would like to mention that I currently am not working with a Virus or Threat Protection Application, my previous one I had -- has expired. But I have a free version of: TotalAV -- I know this isn't a program that does much, but at the moment it's all I can afford.  Embarassed

So here are the Computer Specs. I am working with --

DEVICE SPECS:
HP ENVY x360 Convertible 13-ag0xxx
Processor - AMD Ryzen 5 2500U With Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.00 GHz
Installed RAM - 8.00 GB (5.96 GB usable) 
System Type - 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor 

WINDOWS SPECS:
Edition - Windows 10 Home
Version - 1903
OS Build - 18362.535

Alright NOW. On to what I did. 

I installed the torrent program (uTorrent) But after reading some postings here in the forum I am seeing that uTorrent is no longer the best one to be using in 2020. I'm open to suggestions on which one I should be using.  Hail King Tea!

The Sims Plumbob 1 I downloaded the files listed on this site for TSM & the expansion pack Pirates & Nobles.

I created *New* separate folders for each game & named them accordingly (The Sims Medieval AND The Sims Pirates & Nobles) All of the files located in the .RAR Original file were unzipped, extracted & pasted into the *New* folders I just made for them. I made sure that the items in the #Crack folders were copied & pasted in the correct place. & still a NO GO.

Although I would like to mention that I reset my computer when prompted through the installation, as well as patched the game through the pop-up that comes up while installing the expansion pack P&N. 

When I click the game shortcut on my Desktop, It brings up the game window, I click play & nothing happens. My mouse looks as though its loading for a bit, but then nothing happens. If I try & reboot the game again, I get a error message saying "Cannot start the process when the game is running. Please quit the game and try again."

Sorry if I am stupid & if this fix is "easy".

Much thanks,
TheGingerFlower sunny

Back to top Go down

TSM & TSP&N Issues & Troubleshooting Empty Re: TSM & TSP&N Issues & Troubleshooting

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 13 Jan 2020, 21:24

Hello again and welcome to the G4TW Forums,

Back for a quick reply. Very Happy  First of all, about the "cannot start the process when the game is running". You might have to re-boot the computer before proceeding with anything else I shall say below. You could theoretically also start the task manager and look for processes, terminate them manually, but that can be tedious. A simple and quick re-boot should do as well.

Now, try looking at the available options in your antivirus software and add the folder path C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts, to the "exclusions". So that the program doesn't scan and delete your No-CD patch. Yes, that happens very frequently (and as a side-riddle: guess who benefits from that in the end? Hint: it's not us, or anybody else who provides that type of downloads). Don't de-activate the antivirus completely, because Windows Defender will turn itself on then. It's best to try and add folder paths to "exclusions", when possible.

So after doing so, try grabbing the "manual patch" here:
Code:
http://goo.gl/4LCNps

Download this file and when done 100%, just double-click on it and follow the on-screen instructions. When the patcher is done, grab the "Ultimate Fix" here:
Code:
https://goo.gl/eNKupy

It should be part of the download in "Pirates & Nobles", but I admit I don't really remember anymore. I also admit I barely play The Sims, these days. On occasion I still play TS2 and TS3, though. Either way, extract with WinRAR and copy-paste the files under C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\Game\Bin. Replace existing files when prompted and try the game again.

That should be all for now, and I'll be off (again). Good luck, take your time, and keep us posted!

Red star from Carlos
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

TSM & TSP&N Issues & Troubleshooting Empty Re: TSM & TSP&N Issues & Troubleshooting

Post by Guest Mon 13 Jan 2020, 22:55

Hello hello! Nice to speak with you again!  Very Happy

So Great NEWS! I got the game running. But I'm stilll running into a bug. The game loads, and shoots me to the main menu where it shows the Green Arrow to click play and start the Game. I click in every way shape and form I can possibly think of but nothing works. It's as if the play button to actually Play is broken. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

I hate to feel like such a pain. Sorry.

If you know of anything else to help, I'll gladly try anything. I feel so defeated.

TheGingerFlower

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 13 Jan 2020, 23:53

TheGingerFlower wrote:Hello hello! Nice to speak with you again!  Very Happy

So Great NEWS! I got the game running. But I'm stilll running into a bug. The game loads, and shoots me to the main menu where it shows the Green Arrow to click play and start the Game. I click in every way shape and form I can possibly think of but nothing works. It's as if the play button to actually Play is broken. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

I hate to feel like such a pain. Sorry.

If you know of anything else to help, I'll gladly try anything. I feel so defeated.

TheGingerFlower

You should be able to start the game 'directly', with the TSM.exe file, that is located under C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\Game\Bin. This should also bypass that strange intermediary menu (= the "launcher") that is really useless, and hence that play-button that doesn't seem to work on your end.

You can also create a desktop shortcut from that TSM.exe file.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jan 2020, 01:35

The Play button I mean is the one in the game once the game itself boots up. WhatDidUJustCallMe?TSM & TSP&N Issues & Troubleshooting Untitl10

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 14 Jan 2020, 21:53

Sorry, I thought you meant something else yesterday. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Did you apply the "manual patch" and the "Ultimate Fix", as I suggested somewhere above here? If you did, then I'm not sure what else to suggest. Maybe consider starting afresh.

Grab "Your Uninstaller Pro" from the old downloads page here:
https://games4theworld.org/downloads/

Install the program, and double-click on the Pirates & Nobles expansion first. Choose Super Mode, and follow until the end. Repeat with the base game of Sims Medieval. When you uninstalled both, RE-BOOT the computer.

Then re-install the game, as you did before. But with one important exception. When it prompts you to "update" then try choosing not to. Or better yet, disconnect your internet before you start the re-install. Use again the manual patch + Ultimate Fix that I linked somewhere above.

I have a suspicion that this "thing" that got downloaded during your installation may have something to do with your issue now.

Good luck again!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top