Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Model Citizen - 1984 Dystopian Future is Here!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Model Citizen - 1984 Dystopian Future is Here! Empty Model Citizen - 1984 Dystopian Future is Here!

Post by Sim Architect Sat 18 Jan 2020, 19:46

I just watched a short animation and I could not resist sharing it.

That's how they want our lives to be. Should we accept that? How can we fight that peacefully?
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Model Citizen - 1984 Dystopian Future is Here! Empty Re: Model Citizen - 1984 Dystopian Future is Here!

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 18 Jan 2020, 20:29

Nothing new in the West.

OK, to be fair it's not just "Western(-ized) countries". That happens nearly everywhere. Though, some countries still manage to maintain a decent level of dignity, for almost all of their citizens.

What people can do about it? For starters being honest with themselves and taking some level of responsibility. A lot of people may be unhappy with their situation, but it is them at the end of the day, who enable the roots of what they complained about in the first place.

Examples from Western countries. Feel unhappy about Brexit? Should have (just maybe?) gone out and actually VOTE, instead of merely posting edgy social media posts. Don't like to receive ISP warning letters for torrenting Sims games? Then try rally support and vote for other politicians less likely to bow to the demands of corporations, and/or try getting a third-party candidate elected. Feeling somewhat dis-enchanted with certain effects of mass immigration? Then be honest with yourself about your own stance towards the issue, and should have adopted a slightly more critical attitude from the start (yes, that is possible, even without resorting to bigotry). 

Of course it did not escape me that things in reality are more complex than what I seem to suggest with the previous paragraph. But still. I believe a problem here is that tacitly, people opt to stick with the status quo for reasons or hopes of personal gain ("if you can't beat them, then join them!").

But whatever. As for the clip, maybe I'm not getting the 'message' it attempts to convey. But from what it looks like, it seems that regime that employs these robots indiscriminately kills off citizens. It is somewhat implied that these people wearing the masks with the "ugly"-sticker have somehow fallen out of favor with the powers-that-be. But even so ... the 'story' shown in that clip is anything but new, isn't it?

Creating that video clip (from a technical standpoint) was probably a trillion times more work than coming up with the idea of that "story". Which is not to demean the maker of the clip: it is absolutely relevant and important in today's times. Maybe it was done as some kind of school/university project though? Can't be bothered honestly to do the research.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Model Citizen - 1984 Dystopian Future is Here! Empty Re: Model Citizen - 1984 Dystopian Future is Here!

Post by Sim Architect Mon 20 Jan 2020, 03:11

I feel the "ugly ones" are the old, disposable people who can't be productive to the system anymore, so they (us) deserve to die.

Unless if we find a properly intelligent way to change something on an innovative manner voting or protesting won't change the relevant parts of the structure. Like you said, we can complain about specific matters, but we can't actually decide anything of relevance, sadly.

It's a system of "haves" and "not haves". The second class exists to serve the first.

They create the illusion that one can cross the bridge, but it's an almost impossible feat. You're "born to serve" and if you're not "good enough" you get unemployed, homeless and die, no matter if the cause is lack of interest, disease or old age ("ugly masked" people in the video).

You can't vote for "mother Thereza", you can only vote for A, B or C, and they're just like choosing vanilla, strawberry or chocolate icecream, but all with sugar (rich, funded by rich, there just because they do what the rich want them to, or they'll be killed if necessary), no diet options. Same thing all over the place, there's cartels and "organization" everywhere, they give you pseudo choices.

Eastern countries are worse, they have an entire honor system designed to make them all behave like good slaves. The Western culture is not too far from it, shaming people who use welfare. The entire bible is a manual on how to be a good servant, not a happy and good person (unless you call happy being delusional).

Anyway, my point sharing the video was that I really think it sums up our society since its inception. There's always a way to dispose of "damaged goods" (useless people), being that the gas chamber or shame and pain/hunger/cold.

We're privileged compared to the extremely miserable people, but those are there also to be used as an "example" so the dominant class can brainwash us to think we are supposed to be "grateful for not being on the street" instead of being angry for not being able to live as well as they do, or have easier means to upgrade our lives.

The brain washing works so well that, like in the video, they thank the executioner for killing them, instead of feeling angry at it for being disposed like garbage after a life of sacrifice.
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top