Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Into the Future: the bleak future that is the world of Arcadia Landing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Into the Future: the bleak future that is the world of Arcadia Landing Empty Sims 3 Into the Future: the bleak future that is the world of Arcadia Landing

Post by Guest Wed 31 Jul 2013, 14:20

The future looks bleak in Arcadia Landing.

...or is it just me? I mean, I watched the live broadcast yesterday and, instead of really paying attention to what the simgurus were saying, I was all in my head, not being able to think about anything else but the overall estheics of the world. I was so disappointed with it, and I still am. I think that, right now, all the  features and designs of the new futuristic objects and community lots, (that are, actually, truly breathtaking), are losing impact on me, just because the actual world isn't good enough for them.
The actual world didn't have any impact on me, whatsoever. Now, I get what they were trying to achieve with it, (the future had to be clean and practical and look like...well, something you'd see hundreds of years from now), and they did it. The only problem is they didn't do anything else. The esthetics of the world, its layout, the landscaping, the colour scheme that they used, nothing meets my expectations, and it just seems that there's sooo much wasted potential!
Looking at Arcadia Landing, I would be crazy to say that it's ugly. More than that, I can go as far as stating that, in a different context, (let's say a cartoon or something), it would be really pretty. But I'm not lowering my standards here, with the sims. I mean, I have all the worlds-store and EP, thank you, G4tw!!!-. I know what they can do. So why couldn't they do it for this EP , why couldn't they do something amazing and breathtaking and stunning, or at least something that would make me say 'wow'? It really doesn't seem that they had much of a vision, but instead they crammed all of their knowledge about sci-fi into one lazy project. There is just so much I wanted them to change/do, and I'm gonna share some of this stuff with you guys-hey, it's the future, so the possibilities are limitless Wink   I would've loved the colour scheme to be less organic, (less light blues and summer greens, more oranges and purples-and I'm not talking about the trees, there could've still been a lush vegetation environmet with all that).
      In other worlds, the colours of the sky make a huge impact. It would've been amazing if, at sunset, sims were able to enjoy amazing purple and orange spectacles of light. Also, at night, the surroundings should've been designed to be really sparkly, because of the futuristic buildings that provide way to much light, and then, it would be really cool random fireworks spectacles would spawn at certain hours of the night: that would really fit the theme of the mountain people, and there choice to embrace a simpler lifestyle.
       More diversity, vegetation wise. This doesn't necessarily mean I would've liked glowing trees-actually, I would've hated them-, but the same way goes for the boring, dull ones that look so awkwardly next to a hoverboard rider, or a speeding hovercar. Still, my main problem isn't that they don't 'match' with the theme, but that they don't seem to have any passion, vision or thought put into them. Instead, I would've liked to see interesting, hybrid looking trees, that would still look natural, but just...evolved, I guess. And they could've placed them next to gorgeous looking, almost unnaturally blue bodies of water. I'm thinking creeks.
        The fact that Arcadia Landing, viewed as a plain landscape, without all the buildings, looks so non-futuristic is just maddening. Just because you paint everything in white and gray and all the trees are nice and trimmed won't make me think I'm hundreds of years into the future. Last time I checked, clean didn't equal utopia, and I sincerely hope that that never changed. Instead, I would've liked hoverfences surrounding all kind of community lots-from parks to community gardens to beaches, and sims being able to access them only by using certain devices. Or maybe even electric fields for the military rabbithole or something. You know, it's all for our sims safety Twisted Evil...or maybe not. I  would've just liked everything to have a little more personality,...well, a lot more personality. I don't know, everything seems so basic, it's like they were afraid not to follow the rules for your standard, if not mediocre 'into the future' city. And I'm really frustrated about that.
Soo, don't hate me for hating Arcadia Landing. I'm still incredibly excited for this pack. It's just that, in my opinion, it could've been a lot better.

So what do you guys think about Arcadia Landing? Do you agree, disagree, or have a totally different opinion? Can't wait to hear thoughts about this What a Face!!

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Into the Future: the bleak future that is the world of Arcadia Landing Empty Re: Sims 3 Into the Future: the bleak future that is the world of Arcadia Landing

Post by Guest Mon 05 Aug 2013, 10:54

Sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about...

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Into the Future: the bleak future that is the world of Arcadia Landing Empty Re: Sims 3 Into the Future: the bleak future that is the world of Arcadia Landing

Post by J.T. Mon 05 Aug 2013, 14:26

Shamrock wrote:Sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about...

Hello,

Oh god Shamrock. He is talking about The Sims 3: Into the Future (the latest expansion pack that will be released before 2014). I personally think the future world doesn't significantly change my mind, but the Plumbots do. I am impressed by how the Plumbots work in the demo. Seriously, the trait chips, new interactions for bots... I was really blown away by the variety of Plumbots' trait chips and interactions.

Last edited by cat2006house on Mon 05 Aug 2013, 14:31; edited 1 time in total
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Aug 2013, 14:30

Oh my ... Embarassed
Shamy is ashamed and goes into hiding...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top