Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Build Mode Issue (after installing Tiny Living)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Build Mode Issue (after installing Tiny Living) Empty Build Mode Issue (after installing Tiny Living)

Post by Guest Fri 24 Jan 2020, 00:05

Before getting Tiny Living I didn't have any issue whatsoever with my game, everything was fine.
After installing Tiny Living I moved all my mods and cc out of my folder like usual and I loaded one of my save files. I went on an empty lot, looked at the new stuff from the pack, went back without saving and I opened one of my households. But when I went into build mode, the screen became like this:

Spoiler:

So I just went to Manage Worlds without saving and this happened:

Spoiler:

Basically the icon to go into other maps is GONE. So I just closed the game, reloaded, tried to evict my sim from the household, saved the game, went back to the main screen, went back to the save file and went into build mode from the map. And the same thing happened. The issue appears on existing houses only. I did everything without mods and cc in my game. When I try to build on empty lots I have no problems, but when I try to enter build mode from ANY of my pre-existing houses, that happens.
Do you have any idea how I could solve this problem? There's probably something I can do and I haven't done yet because I'm dumb, lol. 
Thank you so much.

Back to top Go down

Build Mode Issue (after installing Tiny Living) Empty Re: Build Mode Issue (after installing Tiny Living)

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 24 Jan 2020, 00:19

Hello @cassidyk,

From just one quick test, I wasn't really able to replicate the glitch (?) you seem to experience. I loaded into a (pre-existing) household, went to build-mode, from there to "Manage Worlds" without saving, and then got to the selection of worlds.

Now when I select any of these world-circles and get to the map view of the world, I still get the icon in the top left.

Try going under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and find a file named localthumbcache.package. Delete the file and try your game again.

As a last resort try running anadius' validator (and post the results in a reply here), but honestly I doubt there is anything wrong with your installation.
https://anadius.github.io/sims-4-tools/validator.html

Good luck!

Red star from Carlos
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Build Mode Issue (after installing Tiny Living) Empty Re: Build Mode Issue (after installing Tiny Living)

Post by grieralexander Fri 24 Jan 2020, 00:51

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Hello @cassidyk,

From just one quick test, I wasn't really able to replicate the glitch (?) you seem to experience. I loaded into a (pre-existing) household, went to build-mode, from there to "Manage Worlds" without saving, and then got to the selection of worlds.

Now when I select any of these world-circles and get to the map view of the world, I still get the icon in the top left.

Try going under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and find a file named localthumbcache.package. Delete the file and try your game again.

As a last resort try running anadius' validator (and post the results in a reply here), but honestly I doubt there is anything wrong with your installation.
https://anadius.github.io/sims-4-tools/validator.html

Good luck!

Red star from Carlos
OK bad news is that there are a few bugs report with Tiny living and they are not limited to build buy. As always, after a new pack comes out, I scourge the threads to see what problems are happening. Apparently, there is a an unresolved bug that is related to launguages that are used to play the game. It is worth a try to follow these steps and see if you can solve the issue, since it has worked for others:
1. You know that the game for the World downloads come with a Language Strings Pack...
2. As if you were going to set up the game for the first time, please, backup your My games folder, where mods sves and tray files are.... OK
3. Now, from the language strings, chose a different language that what you had before; you should get a notice that ( language ) has been registered successfully.
4. Start the game so that it recreates a new Sims 4 My Games folder.
5. Now, change back the language to which ever one is your preference, using the Language Strings folder provided by G4TW; ypu should have gotten a notice that the (language) has been added to the registry successfully.
6. Now go back to your My games, Sims 4 Folder and delete localthumbnail cache file and go to the folder Cachestr (open that folder and delete the file)
7. Now, start the game and see if you experience the same issues, if not, you are fine and can add back your mods, tray and saves files.
Please, let us know if this worked, so I can add it as a tutorial.
The other option that has worked for some is to repair the game, which basically is re-installing the last pack (Tiny Living).
Best of luck!
grieralexander
grieralexander
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Jan 2020, 03:02

Thanks to both of you for replying!
I tried both options. The one suggested by @The_gh0stm4n, unfortunately, didn't work at all. 
As for the other solution, I had a simple issue: I can't change the language at all. I did all the steps needed but the game continued to be in english, even when I tried to change it to Italian. 
So, I'm still stuck with the same problem, sadly. I also tried to download Tiny Living again, and re-installing it, still didn't work.

I don't want to consider the option of starting a new save file and call it a day because I have more than 150 sims in that save file, with all of their stories, connections, friendships etc, I've been playing with that file for years...

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Fri 24 Jan 2020, 03:55

cassidyk wrote:Thanks to both of you for replying!
I tried both options. The one suggested by @The_gh0stm4n, unfortunately, didn't work at all. 
As for the other solution, I had a simple issue: I can't change the language at all. I did all the steps needed but the game continued to be in english, even when I tried to change it to Italian. 
So, I'm still stuck with the same problem, sadly. I also tried to download Tiny Living again, and re-installing it, still didn't work.

I don't want to consider the option of starting a new save file and call it a day because I have more than 150 sims in that save file, with all of their stories, connections, friendships etc, I've been playing with that file for years...
It should change the language of the game when you register a new Language String; there is another way to change the language, but it deals by messing with the files in your installation folder and I do not want to suggest that, because as far as I've been reading, it has not solved the problem for most and they have to resort to reinstalled the full game. My best suggestion at this point is to back-up that Save folder, somewhere safe and wait until EA issues a patch, which I'm certain at this point, they will have to. There are people getting codes instead of languages in the pop-up bubbles! For the longest time I, myself have had an issue with build buy, into which I can not get a family to move into my builds, my work around is to move everyone into an empty lot and build afterwards, lately I've been having routing errors, which corrupt the saves. I thought it was due to CC furniture, but Sims will use them without problems in an empty lot, the problem arises, when such items are placed in the home, which I think it has to do with coding and maybe an issue with a mainstream mod that changes the way in which the Sims use the items. I have even tried to go back to replacing the items with EA stuff and once you get the exception it doesn't matter, the save is corrupted for good.
I will keep on researching and if I find a viable solution to your problem I will posted here. Thanks and sorry I could not help you and solve your problem.
grieralexander
grieralexander
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Jan 2020, 15:27

Hey! I had this Build/Buy mode glitch yesterday, and it was caused by my UI Cheats mod.
I updated it and the glitch disappeared (updated version of the mod can be found here : 
Code:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/ui-cheats-v1-16-26240068

You said you weren't using any mod, but I just wanted to give the info in case someone else had that issue and was reading this thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Fri 24 Jan 2020, 17:10

LiarFire wrote:Hey! I had this Build/Buy mode glitch yesterday, and it was caused by my UI Cheats mod.
I updated it and the glitch disappeared (updated version of the mod can be found here : https://www.patreon.com/posts/ui-cheats-v1-16-26240068)
You said you weren't using any mod, but I just wanted to give the info in case someone else had that issue and was reading this thread.
Thanks for the information, I'll keep that in mind for future reference. It would be nice that when you work out glitches to post it on the forum as these work-around  and solutions could help others that are having problems with the game. Good job!
grieralexander
grieralexander
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top