Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legit Sims 4 base game and G4TW cracks?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Legit Sims 4 base game and G4TW cracks? Empty Legit Sims 4 base game and G4TW cracks?

Post by Guest Sun 29 Mar 2020, 18:16

Hi!

Apologies if this has been asked before but trawling through the forums I wasn't able to find a specific answer.

Will the cracks work with a legitimate Origin base game? I downloaded it for free when that offer was on, but gameplay is getting a bit tedious without anything extra.

I have downloaded Get To Work and Get Together packs from G4TW, and I understand I need to replace folders in the Sims 4 game folder to install them, but will this be okay with the legitimate base game?

**I don't mind/care about updates, and was always planning to play offline and not via Origin, so don't see a need to download the G4TW base version for update purposes UNLESS the cracks won't work without it**

Thanks for all the work you do  Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Legit Sims 4 base game and G4TW cracks? Empty Re: Legit Sims 4 base game and G4TW cracks?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 29 Mar 2020, 21:44

Hello and welcome to the G4TW Forums @lemonpie,

You need to keep in mind that the "Get to Work" and "Get together" releases from G4TW contain outdated base game/patch-files. They were after all released in the year 2015.

Assuming you downloaded and installed all available Origin updates for your base game, it's enough to grab a "Game"-folder here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t29990-fix-for-endless-household-loading-error-code-3-game-starts-unexpectedly-in-spanish-version-1-61-15-1020

Which contains No-Origin-files. So you could at least play "offline" with an updated base game. But if you wish to add DLCs, see this here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t35810-the-sims-4-all-in-one-global-patch-selectable-dlcs-version-1-61-15-1020-tiny-living-stuff

Familiarize yourself with the instructions. I'm not 100% sure I admit, but I think you can skip the "Global Patch"-part, and go straight to applying anadius's dlc-toggler, and then you can add the individual DLC-folders at your leisure (the DLCs need to be 'activated' though, with the dlc-toggler).

Good luck for now!

BIG elephant

P.S. the disadvantage of the method is, you cannot use the Origin-related functions anymore (Gallery), and you would need to maintain multiple different "Game"-subfolders for each 'version' of the game like cracked, Origin, etc. But I'll leave out more detailed explanations for now.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Legit Sims 4 base game and G4TW cracks? Empty Re: Legit Sims 4 base game and G4TW cracks?

Post by Guest Mon 30 Mar 2020, 20:10

Thanks for the advice! I downloaded and installed the game folder as suggested, and installed the expansion packs.

When I installed the game folder, it works although only the legacy version runs even though I don't click on the exe file in the legacy folder. However once I install the expansion packs the game works for 3 seconds... then stops. The game folder is the updated one so not entirely sure why this is happening.

I did get the "Orange is not running" error in a previous attempt to install this, but I'm not now but not sure if this might be the underlying problem. I tried to follow the steps to solve this error in the installation guide but I don't have the "Hyper-V" windows feature, and I don't know how to access my BIOS.

I've left the DLC toggler in the Sims 4 folder and not in any subfolders - wasn't sure where to put it as when I move it anywhere else it comes up with error "could not read crack config file".

Any idea what's going on? I'll probably download the G4TW Sims 4 copy as it's looking like the best option.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 30 Mar 2020, 20:42

Well, if you have a 32-bit Windows, then only the Legacy Edition will work. And you cannot play DLCs released after "Realm of Magic" (a.k.a. University and Tiny Living Stuff). You should also know that support for 32-bit has been discontinued by EA generally, so your game wouldn't get official updates anymore, either way.

Windows Settings => System => About, if you are unsure whether you are on 32-bit or 64-bit.

Not sure why you (say that you) click on the TS4_x64.exe, but the Legacy Edition runs, I guess you may idneed have a 32-bit system after all.

As for accessing the BIOS, it depends on the computer/motherboard. Make sure the computer is turned off. Frequently you have to hold down the DELETE-key, on your jeyboard, and while holding it down, turn on your computer. Wait until you get to a menu with a blue background: that it the BIOS then. But it can be another key than DELETE, too. You would have to refer to your computer's/motherboard's manual, or just search on the internet.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top