Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Off-Center (Sims 2).

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game Off-Center (Sims 2). Empty Game Off-Center (Sims 2).

Post by Guest Wed 19 Feb 2020, 04:02

Game crashed upon load after moving young adult into a house lot in a CC college. It crashed so badly that task manager couldn't exit it. 
I restarted my computer and upon load a thick black bar is on the right side of my game window. I tried changing the window size to mini, maxi, and normal in the application properties. The game plays fine other than not being able to see most of the window. Please help! I've already removed my mods but that wasn't it.

Back to top Go down

Game Off-Center (Sims 2). Empty Re: Game Off-Center (Sims 2).

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 19 Feb 2020, 07:30

Oliver Gothic wrote:Game crashed upon load after moving young adult into a house lot in a CC college. It crashed so badly that task manager couldn't exit it. 
I restarted my computer and upon load a thick black bar is on the right side of my game window. I tried changing the window size to mini, maxi, and normal in the application properties. The game plays fine other than not being able to see most of the window. Please help! I've already removed my mods but that wasn't it.

Hello @Oliver Gothic,

Try clearing caches, maybe it helps.

Also try switching to windowed mode to see if it makes any difference at all:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t22465-how-to-play-the-sims-2-in-windowed-mode

I assume you were playing TS2 just fine, before?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Feb 2020, 00:23

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Oliver Gothic wrote:Game crashed upon load after moving young adult into a house lot in a CC college. It crashed so badly that task manager couldn't exit it. 

Hello @Oliver Gothic,

Try clearing caches, maybe it helps.

Also try switching to windowed mode to see if it makes any difference at all:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t22465-how-to-play-the-sims-2-in-windowed-mode

I assume you were playing TS2 just fine, before?

Thanks! I did what was outlined in this https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=119&v=-gmg298sZMo&feature=emb_title video. I change the Graphics Rules in TSData/Res/Config.
It still isn't exactly how I had it before but my game is playable. I'd just have to mess around with more resolutions. I suppose the crash messed it up somehow.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 20 Feb 2020, 00:26

Oliver Gothic wrote:Thanks! I did what was outlined in this https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=119&v=-gmg298sZMo&feature=emb_title video. I change the Graphics Rules in TSData/Res/Config.
It still isn't exactly how I had it before but my game is playable. I'd just have to mess around with more resolutions. I suppose the crash messed it up somehow.

There is also a tool named "Graphics Rules Maker" (search for it), with which it is easier to change these things. If you haven't heard about it yet. But good to know this did the trick, I would not have expected it.

Thanks for letting us know!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top