Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 Global Patch issue. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 Global Patch issue. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 4 Global Patch issue. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 28 Feb 2020, 00:02

I recently downloaded and installed the newest edition of Sims 4, which means the global patch. The problem I have ran across, when I go to global to put in the ticks for what is activated. I find I am missing a few things that is installed but is not showing up on the global program for ticks. Example realm of magic, discover university seem to  missing yet it shows up in my installed folder and if I go in the game it says missing data and those particular neighborhoods are missing.

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Global Patch issue. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 4 Global Patch issue. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 28 Feb 2020, 05:09

Hello @darkwolf8280,

If you already had DLCs installed (prior to applying the Global Patch), but they 'disappeared' if I understood your correctly, you'll have to re-apply missing DLC folders. You can either take these folders from the older G4TW torrents, or the simpler method is you load up the torrents-DLC-folder, from the page with the Global Patch. then of course use again anadius's dlc-toggler to tick on the WHITE entries, and to tick off the RED entries.

If you cannot use torrents (a.k.a. "ISP warning letters"), we also have direct downloads.

We've had these issues in the past plenty of times. People would copy-paste something, and then something else that they already had, disappears. I think that some of these cases are attributed to file-/folder-permissions problems. A bold method to deal with the issue, can be found here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t32557-the-hidden-super-administrator-account-under-windows-10

But it could also be an early sign of a failing hard-drive. Don't know. Depending on how long you've been using that hard-drive or computer, and whether or not you are noticing other files than TS4 getting corrupted too, it might be time for you to start backing up at least the important stuff. And then if possible purchase an upgrade.

Hope this helps!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Global Patch issue. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 4 Global Patch issue. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 01 Mar 2020, 06:00

I tried different steps, before global patch came out, the game was working minus telling me the save data could not be loaded but it still let me played and even save at least I think it saved, I have no been able to return to play since putting the DLC toggle/global patch. I have noted in the startup screen, the stuff that is showing up not owned, Island Living, Machismo Stuff, realm of magic, discover university and tiny living. I am also attaching a screen shot of my DLC toggle that shows what is missing, I go to my main folder and the packs and folders are there its just not picking up with the DLC toggle.

Sims 4 Global Patch issue. [SOLVED] Screenshot-9

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 01 Mar 2020, 06:12

The thing is, according to your screenshot, every DLC should be there. Are you positive you only have 1 installation of The Sims 4?

Or let me re-phrase it: the screenshot you posted, are you positive that you have the dlc-toggler inside the location where your (main) cracked TS4 is located? Not ZLOrigin or anything like that. I'm talking about your offline-playable TS4.

So this is a mystery. But feel free to try anadius's validator and post the results in a reply here. Maybe it can tell us more:
https://anadius.github.io/sims-4-tools/validator.html
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Mar 2020, 06:20

Here is my main folder and the way I have my Laptop set for Sims 4. If I do have the toggle in the wrong please tell me. Sims 4 Global Patch issue. [SOLVED] Screenshot-10

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 01 Mar 2020, 06:26

Your setup seems fine. Smile

I assume that you are missing only certain components of the DLCs that you listed earlier. You have "enough" so that the dlc-toggler shows the entries as white, but "not enough" to actually be able to play these DLCs.

If you still have the old torrent from G4TW, you can also take the DLC-folders directly from them. Like, the "GP08"-folder from Realm of Magic. Or the "SP15"-folder from Moschino Stuff. And so forth. Or take the DLCs from the topic here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t35810-the-sims-4-all-in-one-global-patch-selectable-dlcs-version-1-61-15-1020-tiny-living-stuff

So you take these folders and re-insert them into your main TS4 installation folder (screenshot above). Good luck again! And please also do the validator checkup as well, to check for any additional issues.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Mar 2020, 06:38

Okay, well after downloading the alternate DLC toggle by Anadius, and then installing it, now the missing packs show up, it was something with the global DLC patch which is odd, thank you again for all the help.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 01 Mar 2020, 06:43

darkwolf8280 wrote:Okay, well after downloading the alternate DLC toggle by Anadius, and then installing it, now the missing packs show up, it was something with the global DLC patch which is odd, thank you again for all the help.

Yes, upon closer inspection, you seemed to have an old version of the dlc-toggler, which I did not notice. Facepalm   But it's still good, I'm also "still learning" about the ins and outs of the new format! Always remember, when certain DLC don't show up on the actual dlc-toggler-menu, it means you have an old version of the program. You can grab the latest available version of the dlc-toggler from the topic I linked to.

Have fun with the game and feel free to get back in touch with us again, anytime! Problem solved, topic closed.

I tip my fedora.

Edit: also remember, to always use the "Global Patch" from here, in conjunction (together) with anadius's latest dlc-toggler tool.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top