Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting error after installing Global patch.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Getting error after installing Global patch. Empty Getting error after installing Global patch.

Post by Guest Mon 17 Feb 2020, 00:14

Hi! I'm trying to download TS4. Following the instructions step by step, I disabled my security settings, and downloaded and installed the base game. This would boot a-okay, so moving on to the next step i deleted my "game" folder.  Then I imported the global patch, and the game will no longer boot, and is giving me an error "0xc000007b". My computer is a 64 bit processor so I'm unsure as to why im having all these issues.  I've installed the newest .net framework as well as all the new microsoft visual c++ drivers ranging from 2008 to 2019. Not sure what else to do at this point or why my computer is doing this? Thanks for any help you guys can give!

Back to top Go down

Getting error after installing Global patch. Empty Re: Getting error after installing Global patch.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 17 Feb 2020, 04:51

Hello and welcome to the G4TW Forums @mrbrowniebaker,

Are you positive that you downloaded and installed ALL available Windows updates? I believe that was mentioned in the .pdf install guide.

But you can also go under Control Panel => Programs => Turn Windows Features On or Off. Then tick ALL of the boxes that says .NET Framework. If they are not already ticked.

Getting error after installing Global patch. W9RkRyN

You can then go under the location where you have your TS4 installed. Then under __Installer => vc. Look inside that vc-folder, and go through each of the vcredist.exe's. If it says "repair" when you start it up, skip it. If it says "install" when you start it up, then go ahead and install.

But in my opinion, these items should also be downloaded and installed as part of the normal Windows updates.

Either way, good luck for now!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Getting error after installing Global patch. Empty Re: Getting error after installing Global patch.

Post by Guest Mon 17 Feb 2020, 06:54

My windows is fully up to date, I also ticked all of the .net framework boxes and have the vc programs installed already. I'm at a complete loss right now as to why its not booting up! It's running the base game fine before the global patch, which I believe runs on 32 bit if I'm not mistaken -- but once installed it gives me that error. This is also the third time I've re-done everything step by step to make sure I'm not doing something wrong on my end.  My computer is for sure a 64 bit so I'm at a loss at this point as to why its throwing that error

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Feb 2020, 12:21

Have you tried a "force recheck" on the torrent-download for the Update 1.61.15.1020.  ?
I cannot find anything wrong with that update on my end so maybe something went wrong downloading.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Feb 2020, 15:43

Just did a force re-check on all the g4a files I have and it was fine. Going to download the legacy patch and see if that will work at all. If it does I'd assume my computer is having troubles communicating to the 64 bit programs, and if that is happening I have zero idea why. Sucks because the one expansion that made me want to start playing sims again is university lmao

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Feb 2020, 17:47

Alright, so I went ahead and installed the legacy patch instead to see if it would work properly. It did, the game boots and runs fine. Not sure where to go at this point with the global patch, and until I get a different suggestion or guidance on what is going on I'll just stick to the legacy patch for now. Thanks for any help you could offer, and if you have any ideas as to why the global patch keeps giving me errors let me know! Thanks again guys.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 18 Feb 2020, 02:39

mrbrowniebaker wrote:Alright, so I went ahead and installed the legacy patch instead to see if it would work properly. It did, the game boots and runs fine. Not sure where to go at this point with the global patch, and until I get a different suggestion or guidance on what is going on I'll just stick to the legacy patch for now. Thanks for any help you could offer, and if you have any ideas as to why the global patch keeps giving me errors let me know! Thanks again guys.

Now that is an interesting turn of events, as I wouldn't have expected that, to be honest. But at least you can play the Legacy (Edition) Patch now! Just make sure to change the Bin_LE folder name, to "Bin", otherwise the dlc-toggler.exe won't recognize it. But I guess you may have figured that out already.

It may sound cheesy now, but is your actual Windows operating system ALSO 64-bit?

And if the Windows is 64-bit , did you also make sure to install both the vcredist_x86 and vcredist_x64?

At that point I'm afraid I can't offer more solutions, but maybe someone else can, I'm sorry.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Feb 2020, 02:46

Yes the windows is also 64 bit, lol I checked that just to be sure because I've been losing my mind trying to get it to work properly.  At this point I'm chalking it up to an error on the computer somewhere that I can't find.  I got the legacy working and all the ep, gp, and sp's installed outside of university and tiny living.  Bummed I can't play uni, but at least I can play the sims! Lol and also, yes all the x86 and x64 are installed for the vc programs.  No idea why its happening at this point.  New computer too, so I know it isn't a program or virus or something.. Weird. But thanks for all the suggestions!  If I ever figure out a solution I'll be sure to give an update, lol

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 18 Feb 2020, 03:00

mrbrowniebaker wrote:Yes the windows is also 64 bit, lol I checked that just to be sure because I've been losing my mind trying to get it to work properly.  At this point I'm chalking it up to an error on the computer somewhere that I can't find.  I got the legacy working and all the ep, gp, and sp's installed outside of university and tiny living.  Bummed I can't play uni, but at least I can play the sims! Lol and also, yes all the x86 and x64 are installed for the vc programs.  No idea why its happening at this point.  New computer too, so I know it isn't a program or virus or something.. Weird. But thanks for all the suggestions!  If I ever figure out a solution I'll be sure to give an update, lol

It's OK. The reason I always bring up "seemingly simple" solutions, is because they frequently hold the key to a problem. You would be surprised as to e.g. how often someone doesn't download a torrent 100%, and then asks why it's not working.

Could be indeed something with your Windows system. I don't know, I felt the error code you had initially looked familiar, so I did a quick search, but in fact not too many other people had the issue.

Feel free to get back to us if you have more news to share, and have fun with the Legacy Edition Patch then!

pirat Looking for bad joke
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 18 Feb 2020, 04:37

@mrbrowniebaker,

I thought about another possibility. Have you tried using a different crack? Look at the topic here and grab the No-Origin-fix for 1.61.15.1020.
https://www.games4theworld.club/t35699-the-sims-4-discovery-university-for-mac-new-wrapper-anadius-fix

Password on the archive file is "origin-fix", without the quotation marks. I don't think you have to delete the original crack from CODEX. Merely extract these new files into your Game => Bin subfolder, and replace existing files when prompted. Then try the Global Patch again.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top