Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 Newest Glitch: Lag and game freeze.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 Newest Glitch: Lag and game freeze. Empty Sims 4 Newest Glitch: Lag and game freeze.

Post by grieralexander Sat 07 Mar 2020, 14:17

This is the text I copied from the Guru's Tweeter account into which people expose their problems and bugs with the game. Apparently, as usual they know they are having issues, the problem is that they keep putting out expansions and stuff packs without addressing prior glitches or problems and is kind of having a snowballing effect. For example they changed bone assigments and coding just to introduce one item " the murphy bed " Since the game came out they promoted it being CC friendly... EA knows their games success is mainly due to CC and mod creators; however, it is getting very difficult for modders to keep up with all the patching due to bad development. The new expansion is already in the final stages, so let us see what improvements the players will have in the bug, glitch areas and which new ones will be introduced.

"Simulation lag" is an ongoing issue we're constantly working on, it's where your Sims freeze up and won't do the interactions in their queue. "Client lag" is a similar issue, where your FPS is inexplicably low. If you're having these issues I would love your save file!

For those of you experiencing this particular glitch, there is a mod that helps with the problem "Quicker Sim Autonomy & Simulation Lag Improvement" Carlos is tha man
grieralexander
grieralexander
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Newest Glitch: Lag and game freeze. Empty Re: Sims 4 Newest Glitch: Lag and game freeze.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 07 Mar 2020, 20:18

A.k.a. "All quiet on the Western Front". Haters gonna hate 

To anticipate questions in that regard: you cannot directly determine from savefiles, that your game is cracked. There is one scenario in which there is an indirect possibility, and for a short time window: that's when a new patch rolls out (usually a few days before an actual release of the DLC).

Normally the scene will only release new cracks shortly after the actual DLC release, so it will take a while for the cracked TS4 to "catch up" to its Origin-counterpart. If you submit a savefile created with an old patch version, and a new patch version has been out for a while, it's possible to conclude or suspect you have a cracked game, depending on other circumstances. You could then say you simply haven't played with, or downloaded the new patch version yet. But at that point, it could get dicey.

If somebody on here really wanted to submit their saves, keep that in mind. Make sure to send in your savefiles while the Origin + cracked versions are still on the same patch level. And of course, even if you follow these instructions, don't mention you got a cracked game.

"But how am I supposed to know about patch versions?!?!?!??!?!?!?!!1111111111111111111" See this here for starters:
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/latest-patch-notes

Look at the date of the latest available patch there; and in case of doubt compare the version numbers of that patch, with your own game, under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\GameVersion.txt.

If certain people are really paranoid, use a VPN in combination with a dummy/temp mail-address, when sending saves.

danger! beware!!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Newest Glitch: Lag and game freeze. Empty Re: Sims 4 Newest Glitch: Lag and game freeze.

Post by Unesty Tue 10 Mar 2020, 22:42

I always thought that the simulation lag was because of the mods I had in my game, even though I only had like a skirt and a few tops and a sneaker. It surprises me that this bug is game oriented. I guess I thought they would address such a big gameplay problem sooner, lol.

It's a very old bug and the primary reason I stopped playing Sims 4 actually. I honestly never took out my mods and tested the game like that to see if it solved it. I couldn't be bothered with it and I guess at some level I knew it was the game that was buggy and not my 5 mods.
Unesty
Unesty
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : SWTOR, Sims 2, Sims 3, Spore, Assasin's Creed II & Brotherhood & Revelations, GTA: Vice City & San Andreas, Cities: Skylines

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Wed 11 Mar 2020, 01:34

Unesty wrote:I always thought that the simulation lag was because of the mods I had in my game, even though I only had like a skirt and a few tops and a sneaker. It surprises me that this bug is game oriented. I guess I thought they would address such a big gameplay problem sooner, lol.

It's a very old bug and the primary reason I stopped playing Sims 4 actually. I honestly never took out my mods and tested the game like that to see if it solved it. I couldn't be bothered with it and I guess at some level I knew it was the game that was buggy and not my 5 mods.
Since my kind of a job for this community, Oh my... is finding out these problems, this week has been a very productive one in many aspects. I have learned about "bug, glitches" that have gone on forever, never been addressed, I also learned from modders that have contacted EA directly about help with coding, so that they may fix for them some of such bugs and they never get an answer or if they get some help is minimal. Basically, we have to come to realize that this game is an ongoing experiment, which some pay for; kind like pharmaceuticals? I was doing a poll among players to see who actually played the game and that number is a very low 10%, but I wasn't shocked. 60% and I think the number will be growing are builders, people that just go from one build to the next, without ever playing the lot 15% are Sim makers, just spend their hours in CAS twitching and dressing or undressing their Sims. A whooping 20% use mods to make the game a ***** outlet and I do believe that these numbers are wrong, since I think this particular one is higher and people just do not admit to it. A mere 10 to 15% story tellers; however, we got the story telling feature in CAS I will try to make another poll within 2 weeks and see what the numbers show, since tumblr is really bad to be able to accurately represent numbers.
grieralexander
grieralexander
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 11 Mar 2020, 22:40

grieralexander wrote:I also learned from modders that have contacted EA directly about help with coding, so that they may fix for them some of such bugs and they never get an answer or if they get some help is minimal.

I believe that is partly due to copyright reasons, in other words EA not wanting outsiders to know about certain technicalities regarding the way the game works (I believe the computer-science-engineering faction call this "source code"). Then again, that is just a little more than an educated guess from my part.

Which I can understand. But I still remember that when the base game was released in 2014, everybody was excited because the aspect of "modding-friendliness" was emphasized by EA themselves. True, more than half a decade has passed, which is an eternity in everything regarding computer games. Maybe EA just changed their minds, like with this bone assignment-thing.

In case I'm wrong though, the end-result is still the same: don't expect much in terms of "personalized Support" from EA in general, even if you are a paying customer.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top