Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 HELP Game not working! Screen freeze! [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 HELP Game not working! Screen freeze! [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 HELP Game not working! Screen freeze! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 27 Dec 2013, 19:17

Hey guys! So I've been obsessed with all this Sims 3 stuff and I have downloaded many ep's in addition to the base game by following the instructions on this forum through torrent and they worked perfectly fine after a while I discovered that my launcher would not work. I have Ambitions, Into The Future, Island Paradise, Late Night, Pets, Seasons and the University life already downloaded and I didn't encounter any problems and all were smoothly uploaded. I have also downloaded some custom stuff from other websites. I only played the game once or twice to see if it was properly working or not. Everything was fine. A few weeks ago, I tried to open the game, the icons were seen in the dock but there was no image. (I'm a Mac user) I researched it a bit, but couldn't find any solutions apart from changing the info.plist thing. I've already patched the ultimate fix and manual patch for almost three times now. Still doesn't work. After changing the CedegaGameName to C:\Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/TS3W.exe the image attached appeared but didn't go any further. I've tried almost any patch available but it didn't seem to do any good. The screen sort of freezes right there. No game, no loading. I really don't know what else to do Sad

Sims 3 HELP Game not working! Screen freeze! [SOLVED] Vy05l

I know that you guys are awesome so I'm begging your  Help 
I would appreciate your efforts and valuable suggestions. Thank you so much!

Last edited by Dieneryn on Fri 03 Jan 2014, 03:58; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : attachment was not uploaded properly)

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 HELP Game not working! Screen freeze! [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 HELP Game not working! Screen freeze! [SOLVED]

Post by Dieneryn Sat 28 Dec 2013, 01:28

Hello, 

Where was your base game from? Also, are you able to show me a screenshot of your launcher? Smile
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 HELP Game not working! Screen freeze! [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 HELP Game not working! Screen freeze! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 28 Dec 2013, 18:14

Hey,
I'm unable to share the link since i'm a newbie  Embarassed  I downloaded the torrent from thepiratebay.se on games4theworld downloads list (I trusted those because it had the *games4theworld* sign and all the other expansions are from the same site with the same sign with them.)
I can't access the launcher! Most probably because i changed the info.plist document but even before doing that, there was no launcher. The launcher has disappeared!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Sun 29 Dec 2013, 12:59

Hello,

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately the base game from games4theworld is not suitable for Macs.

Firstly, please do a proper uninstall by following this: http://bluebellflora.com/the-sims-3-on-a-mac/how-to-do-a-clean-uninstall-and-reinstall-on-a-mac/

Next, refer to the mac install guide here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t11808-brand-new-how-to-install-the-sims-3-on-mac-os-guide-read-it-here-now-new

A link is included in the mac guide that will lead you to the appropriate base game download.

Finally, simply follow the guide to install your game.

I hope that helps Smile
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Dec 2013, 15:32

Thank you so much for your help! I'll give it a try  rabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Mon 30 Dec 2013, 07:06

Great!

Let us know how you are doing Smile
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Jan 2014, 20:40

I followed those steps you've mentioned and everything works fine now, thanks for your support!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Fri 03 Jan 2014, 03:58

That's great! Enjoy your game, and Happy New Year! Wink

Don't hesitate to approach us again should you need more help Very Happy

Problem solved, topic closed. Wink
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top