Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Direct Download Links aren't working. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Direct Download Links aren't working. [SOLVED] Empty Direct Download Links aren't working. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 17 Mar 2020, 19:12

Yesterday I tried to install the Sims 4 onto my new laptop and attempted it by downloading the All in One pack, but my internet wasn't helping and the server failed both times after downloading around 8 gigs. 

Then, I tackled the problem by downloading the DLCs individually, and everything was installed for me by the time I woke up this morning. Everything but one. Get Together's link/server failed and I  tried to reinstall it. 

That did not work. I don't know if the link is down or what, but after I go through the safelink process (waiting for the ad, waiting for the "direct download" button) it gives me a message: 

This site can't be reached

safelinking.net's server IP address could not be found. 

Then I tried other links to see if they were working. They were not. Is safelinking down? They were all fine yesterday.

Back to top Go down

Direct Download Links aren't working. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Direct Download Links aren't working. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 17 Mar 2020, 19:17

harmonyfollows wrote:Yesterday I tried to install the Sims 4 onto my new laptop and attempted it by downloading the All in One pack, but my internet wasn't helping and the server failed both times after downloading around 8 gigs. 

Then, I tackled the problem by downloading the DLCs individually, and everything was installed for me by the time I woke up this morning. Everything but one. Get Together's link/server failed and I  tried to reinstall it. 

That did not work. I don't know if the link is down or what, but after I go through the safelink process (waiting for the ad, waiting for the "direct download" button) it gives me a message: 

This site can't be reached

safelinking.net's server IP address could not be found. 

Then I tried other links to see if they were working. They were not. Is safelinking down? They were all fine yesterday.

Hello @harmonyfollows,

Tried it myself, and yes, the platform is down. In my experience though, it's a reliable service, and it should come back.  Or maybe they were eaten by the coronavirus  let's hope not. danger! beware!! 

The reason I used that intermediary platform is to have a secondary barrier of sorts, with the aim of reducing chances of takedowns. Best suggestion I can provide is that you bookmark the safelinking-URLs and try again later/tomorrow.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

duck!!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top