Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Downloaded The Sims 4 base and Repacks here from GTW in 2018

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Downloaded The Sims 4 base and Repacks here from GTW in 2018 Empty Downloaded The Sims 4 base and Repacks here from GTW in 2018

Post by Guest Mon 23 Mar 2020, 15:12

Hello, i downloaded it all until jungle adventures somewhere in March 2018. Should i proceed with the steps like i did to download the further packs like Discover University & Tiny Living?

//EDIT

Hello. Before this i followed youtuber Karmatastic instructions to install. She only said to rename the game folders.. So, if i were to continue install the new packs, should I delete all the Game folders????? PLS REPLY ASAP

Back to top Go down

Downloaded The Sims 4 base and Repacks here from GTW in 2018 Empty Re: Downloaded The Sims 4 base and Repacks here from GTW in 2018

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 23 Mar 2020, 16:17

Moonsass wrote:Hello, i downloaded it all until jungle adventures somewhere in March 2018. Should i proceed with the steps like i did to download the further packs like Discover University & Tiny Living?

//EDIT

Hello. Before this i followed youtuber Karmatastic instructions to install. She only said to rename the game folders.. So, if i were to continue install the new packs, should I delete all the Game folders????? PLS REPLY ASAP

Hello and welcome to the G4TW Forums @Moonsass,

I merged your messages into one thread. First of all, yes, delete all of your old/renamed "Game"-subfolders, because you don't need them anymore. Secondly, since I don't know what exactly your last update or DLC is that you have installed (you only mentioned the year 2018), I suggest you familiarize yourself with this format here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t35810-the-sims-4-all-in-one-global-patch-selectable-dlcs-version-1-61-15-1020-tiny-living-stuff

There is a text guide and a video walkthrough as well. If you have a 64-bit Windows system, then use the Global Patch + anadius dlc-toggler + any of the newer DLC that you like.

Keep us posted here if you need more help or if anything else is unclear.

duck!!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Downloaded The Sims 4 base and Repacks here from GTW in 2018 Empty Re: Downloaded The Sims 4 base and Repacks here from GTW in 2018

Post by Guest Mon 23 Mar 2020, 17:31

Thank you so much! BTW this isn't that important now i guess but the latest patch i installed was Jungle Adventures though... You dont know how bored i was playing with only those packs lol....

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 23 Mar 2020, 17:37

Moonsass wrote:(...) You dont know how bored i was playing with only those packs lol

Oh, I knew already in 2014 that The Sims 4 was *not so good*. danger! beware!!  Haters gonna hate
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Mar 2020, 17:40

Wait... one more last question (I think hehe sorry for bothering tho), do i just skip downloading the "The Sims 4 - Basegame [FIXED]" file and continue with downloading the "Global Patch"?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 23 Mar 2020, 17:43

Moonsass wrote:Wait... one more last question (I think hehe sorry for bothering tho), do i just skip downloading the "The Sims 4 - Basegame [FIXED]" file and continue with downloading the "Global Patch"?

Correct. Since you already have a base game (on an older patch version), you can start with the Global Patch + anadius's dlc-toggler. And then any of the newer DLCs if you like.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Mar 2020, 18:18

Alright, I've watched the installation video and guide... I think i see what i have to do now.. Thanks alot for your help!! Quarantine wont be that bad anymore i guess ahaha... And i hope you're safe from corona wherever u are!! lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Mar 2020, 18:27

WAIT, one more!!! Im soo sorry i think this is a stupid qst  Why God. but, In the Anadius file, there's only the "dlc-toggler" file, but in the guide, it said that there's "dlc-toggler.exe" and "dlc-ini" files... Do i just proceed with moving the "dlc-toggler" file only??? im dumb with tech im sorry lool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Mar 2020, 18:35

Wait nvm i got it lol, i tried extracting it instead of just open it with 7zip

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 23 Mar 2020, 23:35

Moonsass wrote:Wait nvm i got it lol, i tried extracting it instead of just open it with 7zip

Good. danger! beware!!

For people reading up on this thread, yes, you need both the dlc-toggler.exe and dlc.ini, to be inside the directory of "The Sims 4". I'm pretty sure the instruction video shows that step as well, though.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top