Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to open sims 3 launcher / play the game.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to open sims 3 launcher / play the game. Empty Unable to open sims 3 launcher / play the game.

Post by Guest Fri 10 Apr 2020, 14:40

hello everyone!

I got most of the sims 3 expensions from a friend through disk and wanted to install the missing packs now through this website. 
Since I installed ambitions and the garden stuff pack, I'm unable to start the sims 3 launcher. It either tells me error 317 or (roughly translated) "unable to open launcher: more information in the log data".
I'm pretty sure I followed the installation process correctly and had already installed high end lot stuff through this website and it worked fine.

So now I already found out there's a fix for the sims 3 downloads, but I really don't understand how to install / download that. It just leads me to the savelinkking website, where I can view the links through google.docs but can't open or download them. I'm also unable to download via offcloud, because the regristation link never arrives.

So.. now I'm really despreate and confused and scared, that my game is going to stay broken. It doesn't really help, that english isn't my first language and most computer related things already confuse me in my native language.

And what I actually want to ask is: Can anyone help me fix my game / explain what to do with the fix?

Thanks in advance, panicat.

Back to top Go down

Unable to open sims 3 launcher / play the game. Empty Re: Unable to open sims 3 launcher / play the game.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 10 Apr 2020, 17:57

panicat wrote:hello everyone!

I got most of the sims 3 expensions from a friend through disk and wanted to install the missing packs now through this website. 
Since I installed ambitions and the garden stuff pack, I'm unable to start the sims 3 launcher. It either tells me error 317 or (roughly translated) "unable to open launcher: more information in the log data".
I'm pretty sure I followed the installation process correctly and had already installed high end lot stuff through this website and it worked fine.

So now I already found out there's a fix for the sims 3 downloads, but I really don't understand how to install / download that. It just leads me to the savelinkking website, where I can view the links through google.docs but can't open or download them. I'm also unable to download via offcloud, because the regristation link never arrives.

So.. now I'm really despreate and confused and scared, that my game is going to stay broken. It doesn't really help, that english isn't my first language and most computer related things already confuse me in my native language.

And what I actually want to ask is: Can anyone help me fix my game / explain what to do with the fix?

Thanks in advance, panicat.

Hello @panicat and welcome to the G4TW Forums,

The "safelinking.net" is an intermediary website, which we use simply to shorten download links. It also helps (a bit) against takedowns of files. If you see something like that, just click on the link that shows in the middle of the screen. Or click on "open all links in new tabs". Back to your original question now. 
https://www.games4theworld.club/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Read this guide and start with applying the "manual patch". This is under step #2. It's a file about 1.6GB in size; just double-click the file after download and wait until the patcher is done.

And then you do steps #4 and #5 of the guide: apply the "Ultimate Fix". 

Now try the game again. Good luck for now and feel free to keep us posted!

duck!!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top