Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please upload the sims 3 expansions DMG again, nothing is working :[

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Please upload the sims 3 expansions DMG again, nothing is working :[ Empty Please upload the sims 3 expansions DMG again, nothing is working :[

Post by Guest Sat 10 Mar 2012, 11:03

Admin please upload the sims 3 expansions dmg files, nothing i am doing is working and i am getting really frustrated. I would really appreciate it!

Back to top Go down

Please upload the sims 3 expansions DMG again, nothing is working :[ Empty Re: Please upload the sims 3 expansions DMG again, nothing is working :[

Post by Guest Sat 10 Mar 2012, 11:19

Hello there,

I just replied with a step by step tutorial on how to make your own dmg file and using the rar downloaded from here to install the game! this is the link: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t3820p160-the-sims-3-showtime-out-now-download-link#25614

Let me know if it helped you!

Back to top Go down

Please upload the sims 3 expansions DMG again, nothing is working :[ Empty Re: Please upload the sims 3 expansions DMG again, nothing is working :[

Post by Guest Sat 10 Mar 2012, 11:47

I guess i didnt specify my problem. I try clicking the installer and it looks like its about to load on my dashboard but then nothing happens and it doesnt open. I mount it like they say to do and it will work and it doesnt. I try to mount it the way you described and it didnt do anything...i dont know this makes no sense!!!! i have the base game ive had it for a while and it works fine but i want this stuff! the base game has like nothing in it and is so boring! such a cop out.

Thank you so much for posting that link though i was trying to find that forever and couldn't.

//EDIT

You got it to work on your mac right? How?!
what os are you running

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Mar 2012, 17:39

Thats kinda odd. If you follow all the steps, it should have no problem opening and installing the game. I installed it that way and the game runs perfectly. I have some issues saving, but thats a whole other story and im working on it.. The installer should be doing its part though... I have OSX Leopard 10.6.8

Check if you didn't left any file behind when you copied to the image. What you describe is what happens when you open the installer from a random folder, thats why mounting everything as described on an image should solve the problem...

Try this: delete the unrared folder. Move the rar to an empty place, let's say a new folder in the desktop. Unrar it again. Clean the image or better, delete it and make a new one. Move the rar to the original Downloads folder. Go back to the new folder with the unrared stuff in it. Copy the new folder and not the content into the image. Open the image and drag all the files in the folder out of it. Delete the now empty folder. Repeat last step if what you are left with is just another folder. Now you should have a lot of files and folders including the Installer.app. Double click on it and you should be able to install the game.

If the problem continues it may be a broken file. This can only be solve by redownloading the rar. Make sure you tried every possibility before deleting and downloading again.

Let me know if it helped you! =)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Mar 2012, 17:45

I posted this in a related link.

#1 Always un-RAR using Stuffit Expander. Don't use other programs.
#2 If Disk Utility gives you problems, use Toast. However, I haven't heard of anyone else having this problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Mar 2012, 21:48

When i use stuffit it says there are duplicate files in every .rar download i got, and i downloaded almost all of them. When it says that do i hit cancel, merge, or what?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Mar 2012, 21:57

Hmm that didn't happen to me. Make sure you have cleared out all the previous folders that you had extracted. Otherwise, I'd try merge. The goal is to get it extracted! Good luck and keep me posted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Mar 2012, 22:18

I did! It keeps doing it, every rar file i downloaded from this website. I try to extract it into its own folder and it says that some files are the same idfk its being really weird...
ill let you know my progress soon, thank you guys for caring so much, im off to work now, ill crack at this again tonight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Mar 2012, 22:26

What version of Stuffit Expander are you using? My gut instinct thinks that the extractor is confused. THat being said, if it happened to write expand out duplicates of the same file for some reason, that shoudn't be an issue, because the installer still will only point to one or the other.

But this is definitely fishy and is indicative of Stuffit getting thrown some sort of red herring, it would seem. Have you tried WinRAR? I read some other threads where people seemed to use that to extract, successfully. My personal issue was when I was using UnRarX, which ultimately failed 100%.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Mar 2012, 23:12

Ok just double checking...so i just literally make the disk image....and then drag the files from the unRARed file iNTO the open disk image, and then when it is in the disk image, go through all of the files that i just copied into the disk image and click the installer?

//EDIT

I got the installer working finally! Thank you guys so much. Now lets see if i can finish this no problem..

So I got It to work but at a certain point it said that my version of the sims 3 was not updatable?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top