Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Launcher works but game never loads! Just a black screen and then error message.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Launcher works but game never loads!  Just a black screen and then error message. Empty Launcher works but game never loads! Just a black screen and then error message.

Post by Guest Mon 09 Dec 2013, 19:46

Hi! I need help! I've been downloading the Sims 3 games off of here since yesterday.  I thought I was doing it right.  I have the sims 3, island, seasons, and university and others are still downloading.  I got them all off here.  I've followed all the instructions and got to the end.  after I installed all of them, I downloaded the patch which i installed and then downloaded and installed the fix.  I copy and pasted the two files in the #crack and put them in the bin folder of the sims 3.  After that, I got to the launcher and pressed play and the first screen came up and then it went fullscreen to black.  But it just sat there for about 15 seconds and then shut off.  I got this error message: "Unable to start game. Service initialization failed (0x039e8474)"

What am I supposed to do now??? Please help!  

P.S.  I followed the installation guides at first and copy and pasted the #crack files from the expansions into the sims 3 bin folder.  When I read it online again, I saw that it said to just do the ultimate fix crack files.  So i replaced them.  I don't know what else to do and I feel like I'm so close!!

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Launcher works but game never loads!  Just a black screen and then error message. Empty Re: Launcher works but game never loads! Just a black screen and then error message.

Post by J.T. Mon 09 Dec 2013, 19:51

Are you on a pc or a mac?

//EDIT

Helper Edit: Topic closed due to repetitiveness and spamming. Opening 2 threads regarding the same problem is considered as spamming and it's never allowed in this forum. Please do not spam again. Thank you for your cooperation. Refer to your topic here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t15210-need-help-launcher-works-but-game-never-fully-loads-just-a-black-screen.

-J.T.

//EDIT

Helper Edit: Topic re-opened because the topic creator deleted her previous post.

-J.T.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Launcher works but game never loads!  Just a black screen and then error message. Empty Re: Launcher works but game never loads! Just a black screen and then error message.

Post by J.T. Mon 09 Dec 2013, 21:48

This error usually means there are conflicts between 2 mods or among 3 or more mods. Can you remove all the Custom Content/Mods and run the game again?
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Dec 2013, 23:52

What custom content/mods?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Feb 2014, 11:58

Hello, I have the same problem.
I downloaded all my games from here, all EPs, SPs and the base game. I was installing the games and when I saw I had to uninstall all of previous EPs in order to install Late Night, I skipped it. And the game was working perfectly. Then yesterday, I uninstalled all of them and re-installed again with Late Night and suddenly it gave the line 1006 error. I uninstalled Late Night then re-installed everything except that but it gave the same error again. I followed all the steps in installation guide exactly, but it still doesn't work. And I don't know where can I find custom mods/content. Oh, I'm on a pc, btw.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Feb 2014, 07:04

balyumruk wrote:Hello, I have the same problem.
I downloaded all my games from here, all EPs, SPs and the base game. I was installing the games and when I saw I had to uninstall all of previous EPs in order to install Late Night, I skipped it. And the game was working perfectly. Then yesterday, I uninstalled all of them and re-installed again with Late Night and suddenly it gave the line 1006 error. I uninstalled Late Night then re-installed everything except that but it gave the same error again. I followed all the steps in installation guide exactly, but it still doesn't work. And I don't know where can I find custom mods/content. Oh, I'm on a pc, btw.
Hi there,please open your own topic so that we can help you better.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top