Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Crashes / Blue Screen of Death

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Crashes / Blue Screen of Death Empty Sims 3 Crashes / Blue Screen of Death

Post by Guest Sun 14 Oct 2012, 23:51

I have Windows 8 Release Preview on a 64bit HP laptop and Sims 3 base + all expansions (except Katy Perry & Diesel Stuff). Its patched and up to date. My game runs pretty good, but with some lag. My big problem is that when I go into build/buy mode in edit town mode the screen goes black, flashes to my desktop, then goes back, etc until the game eventually crashes. Sometimes the game does this when I am just doing normal play, and when that happens I get the blue screen of death and the computer restarts. Is there anyway to fix this?

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Crashes / Blue Screen of Death Empty Re: Sims 3 Crashes / Blue Screen of Death

Post by t2sink Mon 15 Oct 2012, 06:09

Pry will never be a fix for the Win 8 Release Preview, because Win 8 is going be out in like what 2 weeks, which will be a overall slightly different version, that might be able to play The Sims 3 correctly, maybe not.

I'm wanting to get Win 8, and my thought process for a work-around if the problem still exist is doing a Virtual Machine with Win 7 in it, just so the game is running in Window's 7, just need to allocate like 2.5-3 GB of RAM to the Virtual Machine so The Sims 3 can run correctly.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Crashes / Blue Screen of Death Empty Re: Sims 3 Crashes / Blue Screen of Death

Post by Guest Mon 15 Oct 2012, 14:57

Ok thanks, Ill try the virtual machine until the official version comes out!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 16 Oct 2012, 17:20

Hello,

If you mean running the game in Virtual Machine, that probably isn't going to be a success...
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Tue 16 Oct 2012, 19:11

Admin wrote:Hello,

If you mean running the game in Virtual Machine, that probably isn't going to be a success...

Why you say that?
t2sink
t2sink
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 16 Oct 2012, 19:53

Hello,

I never liked Virtual Machines for real, practical use, but try running a game in it, I don't think it's going to work flawless.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Wed 17 Oct 2012, 05:09

Admin wrote:Hello,

I never liked Virtual Machines for real, practical use, but try running a game in it, I don't think it's going to work flawless.

Ahh, okay. Yeah, it might have drawbacks but hopefully will outweigh the issues with actually running it when it comes to playing The Sims 3 if it doesn't get supported to be on Window's 8.
t2sink
t2sink
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top