Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

compatibility problem /Sims 3 showtime

View previous topic View next topic Go down

compatibility problem /Sims 3 showtime Empty compatibility problem /Sims 3 showtime

Post by Guest Sat 17 Mar 2012, 17:25

MrRod wrote:
JennySims3Love wrote:

I'm having issues installing on mac as well. MrRod can you please explain (in depth) how to make an iso or dmg file? I'm not too familiar with how to use the Disk Utility program. Sad

No problem! I'll tell you step by step what you got to do to make the installer work.

First we have to unrar the Showtime file. I recomended you to use StuffIt Expander, as it creates a folder with all the files inside. If you're gonna use any other program make sure it does the same, otherwise it's better if you create a folder, throw the rar file in it and then unrar it. This is just to be completely sure that no file will go missing in your Downloads folder or wherever you downloaded the expansion. After that see how much space does it needs. In my case the unrared folder was 4,1 Gb. So with that information we open Disk Utility and click on New Image. It will open a bunch of fields to chose and write. The first one is the "Save As" This will be the name of the file in your computer, i named mine "Sims 3 Showtime" as i saved all the discs like that. Below that you can chose where to save the image we are going to make. Next one it says "Name". This is the name that will appear once the image is mounted as a disc, and in my case i named it "Sims3EP06". So till now it was mostly to be organized, but here comes the part where you have to pay attention to. Where it says "Size", the last option it gives us is to personalize and write exactly the amount of Gb, Mb, etc. As my unrared folder was 4,1 Gb, i made it 4,15 Gb just to be sure everything will fit. After this step just check if the very last field "Image Format" says "Disc Image reading/writing" or something like that. Click "ok" or "create" or whatever your version says and it will start creating it. Congrats! You just made the very first huge step towards installing the game!

Once it's done, i think by deafult it will open your empty dmg image. If not, just go to where you saved it and double click on it. You should now see it on the side bar of the finder. Go back to where you have your unrared folder of the game and copy all the content in it into the open empty image. Check you didn't left any file behind. You have to be sure than the first thing you see when you open the image is the installer. Meaning "Sims3EP06 > Installer.app (and all the other files)" and NOT like this "Sims3EP06 > Showtime Folder > Installer.app (and all other files)". You can now delete your unrared folder left on the Downloads folder. All the content has been saved in the image and every time you open it you will be able to access to it. DO NOT delete the original rar file (nothing will happen if you do, this is just to help others out)... Please be kind and seed! It's the proper way to be helpful to others. The admin and Lady have been very kind to gives us this games, and many other have been helping out with tech support here. So at least for a month or so seed so other people can get the game to! Otherwise karma will lag your game... =)

Well now the fun part! Open your newly created Showtime image and double click on the installer.app. You should have no problem now with it. Follow the instructions and install it! REMEMBER NOT to update to 1.32 yet as the fix won't be useful! Crack the base game with the fix and enjoy your game!

Hope this step by step explanation helped you! HAPPY PLAYING!

first of all - THANKS!!
I did everything step by step.worked fine.
Now I´m trying to install. Firsts steps work fine, I type the serial and it starts to install.
But then it says : compatibility problem ... "The installed version of the Sims 3 can not be updated, and is not compatible with the Sims 3 Showtime."
What do I have to do?

my sims 3 (pets) last version : 10.0.96.013001
I´ve always downloaded all the sims 3 expansions from pirate bay, but all expansions were compatible with mac, included dmg.
Now for the first time I´ve tried to create one by myself and shit happened. Sad
Can you pls help me!??

Back to top Go down

compatibility problem /Sims 3 showtime Empty Re: compatibility problem /Sims 3 showtime

Post by Admin Sat 17 Mar 2012, 18:32

Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

compatibility problem /Sims 3 showtime Empty Re: compatibility problem /Sims 3 showtime

Post by Guest Sat 17 Mar 2012, 18:39

I´m now downloading the 1.32 from here, is there any difference between? i´ve read 1.32 also should work.
thanks for answering!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 17 Mar 2012, 19:18

Hello,

Please stop the 1.32 download and download the 1.33 from the link I provided in my previous post instead.
The latest version of our Ultimate Fix works with 1.33, but I can't confirm that it works with 1.32.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Mar 2012, 20:02

well, i´ve installed the 1.32, bacause I was allready finished with the donwload and I thought I try it with 1.32.everything works!!!.
only that before I start the game, there is always a warning : "your game version isn´t compatible with the orginal sims 3. you have to uninstall sims 3 showtime, if you don´t, your game may crash or some other problems will arise. do you want to quit? yes, no. "
I always klick " no " and play without problems. should I do something against this warning?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 19 Mar 2012, 13:41

Hello,

I think it's advisable to update to 1.33, right now it might play, but you could experience crashes.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Mar 2012, 09:33

I´ve updated to 1.33 but the warning still appears. what should I do? Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 21 Mar 2012, 17:56

Hello,

Please re-download and re-apply the Mac version of the Ultimate Fix: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Apr 2012, 14:06

I cannot even play now after re-downloading and re-appliing the Mac version of the Ultimate Fix ^^.
always get a warning now :
The Sims™ 3
Your game could not started.
Service-Instialation fail (0x024e42
4f)

and then:

Exception raised
Unhandled exception 0x80000003 at address 0x0058a646.
Do you wish to debug i
t ? yes no

pls Helppp!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 10 Apr 2012, 14:57

Hello,

Are you sure you copied the files from the #crack folder to the right location?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Apr 2012, 15:37

yeah. i´ve watched the video and done it step by step.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 10 Apr 2012, 18:10

Hi there,

The... Windows video?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Apr 2012, 14:00

Admin wrote:Hi there,

The... Windows video?

yes

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 11 Apr 2012, 17:48

Hello,

I wonder how you applied a Windows-related steps (video) on a Mac.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Apr 2012, 19:30

I knew where I have to put the exes etc.
->programs/Sims 3/content packet/contents/resources/transgaming/c_drive/program-files/electronic arts/sims3 or sims 3 ambitions,generations etc.<- by this last step I´ve watched the video to put the different exe´s into a right -sims 3 ... /game/bin- folder.
right???
CAn someone pls tell me where I´ve to put them in if that^^is wrong?
I´ve
The Sims 3
The Sims 3 Ambitions
The Sims 3 Generations
The Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff
The Sims 3 Late Night
The Sims 3 Pets
The Sims 3 Showtime
The Sims 3 Town Life Stuff

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 11 Apr 2012, 19:38

Hello,

If you've patched the game, steps 1-10 in the Installation Guide are no longer relevant, only step 13, the crack.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Apr 2012, 22:38

hmm. very strange. when I open the launcher there is no showtime addon. everything is installed and I´ve allready played 100xtimes but since I am working on the warning nothing works. hmm. the same waarning appears, I cannot play, and showtime is gone. I still see the button but launcher doenst show it´s installed. wtf???

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top